Intuitive Surgical Careers
Future Opportunity – Sr. Manufacturing Process Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Contribute your technical manufacturing and project management skills to a dynamic development team creating precision instruments for minimally invasive robotic surgery. The role requires active participation in new product development teams that create and refine electro-mechanical components, assemblies, process documentation, tooling and test methods while challenging new product designs to improve efficacy, reliability, manufacturability and cost for robotic surgical instruments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support, maintain and improve pilot “mid-volume” manufacturing assembly line, specifying and/or refining BOMs, work flow processes, and detailed work instructions.
- Specify, document, procure, qualify, implement, and improve fixtures, hand tools and equipment.
- Workplace and flow process development.
- Determine and incorporate critical feature inspection and test checkpoints into process.
- Validate manufacturing processes and providing production support through successful and sustained project launch.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects with respect to first pass yield, cycle time reduction, product reliability, capacity enhancement and cost reduction.
- Provide product and process Design for Manufacturability input to enhance manufacturability.
- Must possess strong communication skills to interface with technicians, product development, planning, purchasing, regulatory, inspection, customer support and clinical marketing organizations.
- Takes responsibility for maintaining compliance with medical device quality system including corrective action closure, discrepant material dispositions and ECO implementation.
- Provides technical support analyzing and /or performing failure analysis for discrepant production components, assemblies and field returns.
- Candidate must be of high character and energy with regard for detail.
- Demonstrated Electro-mechanical and/or Process Engineering ability.
- Demonstrated ability in failure analysis and continuous improvement.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- MS degree in an Engineering discipline.
- 5-7 years experience as design or manufacturing engineer supporting product with significant mechanical content.
- Lean Six Sigma highly preferred.
- Prior experience working in an FDA/ISO regulated environment.
- New product introduction/development desirable. Robotics knowledge a plus.
- Prior responsibility for process, equipment or product validation/verification.
- Prior experience applying automated equipment, complex mechanism manufacturing, or robotics.
- Machine tool experiences a plus.
- Experience in Just-In-Time, Demand Flow Technology, and Lean Manufacturing techniques will be a plus.
- CAD experience preferred (Solidworks, ProE).
- Able to travel periodically to suppliers or Intuitive Mexicali plant
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.