Intuitive Surgical Careers
Future Opportunities - Senior Manufacturing Process Engineer - Plastics & Suppliers
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 161068
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Intuitive Surgical's Supplier Engineering teams are looking for a dynamic Engineer.
This hybrid: Manufacturing Process Engineer, SQE, Supplier-facing super hero is to be responsible for ensuring suppliers meet ISI requirements for cost, quality, delivery and service. Drive suppliers to continuously improve business and manufacturing processes. Evaluate and select suppliers. Guide Engineering in choosing suppliers for new products and provide DFM input to new designs. Monitor supplier performance.
We are looking for depth and expertise in the following areas:
- Plastic commodity / commodities
- Best practices in project management, Six Sigma, Lean, SPC and negotiation by leading these efforts without managerial guidance at several suppliers simultaneously.
- Develop and use metrics for supplier part cost, delivery, quality, capacity and capability by creating metrics to measure real improvement and judge required intervention or change at the supplier or in a commodity.
- Drive CAPA and SCARs
- Demonstrable knowledge in evaluating and challenging supplier technical, quality, and business capabilities
- Demonstrable knowledge of manufacturing processes for molded plastic parts including understanding of key input variables for quality, cost and capacity
- Specialization in plastic molding and other methods for manufacturing plastic components) required
- Ability to travel to suppliers as needed: likely 20-30%
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.