Intuitive Surgical Careers
Commercial Distribution Sr. Manager – Eastern Europe & Canada
Primary Location: Switzerland---
Primary Function of Position:
The Commercial Distribution Manager for Eastern Europe & Canada is responsible for establishing, developing and supporting the assigned Distributors. This involves becoming an expert in ISI commercial operations, sales processes, use of surgical robotics and build high-performing teams that establishes mutually beneficial distributor relationships. The position requires a number of capabilities including leadership competencies, clinical competencies, and a broad network within the surgical space, with commercial acumen. She/ He is expected to provide an extraordinary degree of communication, collaboration and information gathering while recommending solutions to Distributor Principals and ISI Leadership team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
- Teach distributors all aspects of clinical business, procedures and capital sales process.
- Assist distributors in developing their business plans including (quarterly) system and procedure targets to achieve or exceed their goals.
- Organize annual business planning meetings and quarterly business reviews with distributors with the appropriate planning and follow up communication.
- Organize and coordinate surgeon training activities utilizing the Technical Training Pathway (TTP).
- Develop regional market access and marketing strategy to support the adoption of da Vinci surgery.
- Conduct regular “field visits” in coordination with distributor representatives to understand market dynamics, provide coaching and bring value to customers to support the adoption of da Vinci surgery.
- Provide distributors’ representatives with new and existing product information, and assist them during initial launch and utilization of new products.
- Assist distributor personnel with their operational activities including best practices with procedure coverage at hospitals, weekly reporting accuracy, and weekly forecasting.
- Develop National and Regional Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s), reference and epicenters.
- Review and propose Intuitive Surgical presence in national congresses and symposiums.
- P&L responsibility with an unwavering ethical business attitude.
- Perform due diligence on distributors ability to support Intuitive Surgical customers’ needs based on distributor agreement terms and conditions
- 6+ years of experience in Sales or Marketing Management positions in the medical device industry. Experience with distribution network management preferred.
- Ability to take a thorough understanding of market, trends, technology and opportunities in the geographical region converting it to activities that increase business success.
- Strong leadership skills with deep business acumen
- Outstanding and natural business ethics
- Deep understanding of the culture, customs and traditions of the country under responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in business or medical related field required, advanced degree strongly preferred
- Ability to travel
- The position is based in Switzerland