Intuitive Surgical Careers
da Vinci Education Specialist
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
da Vinci Education Specialist:
Intuitive Surgical is leading the way to a new generation of surgery. We design, manufacture and sell the da Vinci Surgical System, which provides the benefits of minimally invasive surgery to patients - as well as ease of use, precision and dexterity for surgeons.
The growth and expansion of da Vinci surgery at hospitals worldwide is allowing more and more patients to benefit from minimally invasive surgery. The ability to extend these benefits to patients depends on surgical teams achieving proficiency in utilizing the da Vinci Surgical System – which is why training is so important to us.
Our Professional Education and Program Services group seeks passionate and talented training professionals who believe in the promise of da Vinci, and whose expertise in training on complex technology, along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, will ensure our delivery of world class training to surgeons and surgical teams in the use of the da Vinci Surgical System.
Primary Function of Position:
The da Vinci Education Specialist is responsible for the development of educational content that meets the technical needs of internal and external customers. The da Vinci Education Specialist works with a da Vinci Education Manager to create training materials for internal and external use.
da Vinci Education Specialist Roles and Responsibilities:
• Complete 4-5 week internal training course on product functions and applications
• Complete 1 week internal technical training course
• Support development of training materials for new products and release activities such as human factors testing, first human use, product launch, etc.
• Deliver technical presentations and training to the sales force as part of new product development activities, as required
• Conduct train the trainer labs for internal customer and sales training teams, as required
• Assist with VIP visit activities such as test drives
We are seeking a candidate with a passion for technology who possesses the following experience and qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or above (Business Management, Engineering, or Science degree preferred; marketing degree acceptable)
• Minimum of 1 – 3 years’ experience in training and/or project management
• Experience with creating education materials for adult learners
• Capacity and willingness to work both independently and collaboratively on projects with aggressive timelines
• Experienced multi-tasker; ability to manage multiple assignments and successfully meet deadlines
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Proficiency with MS Office applications including: MS Word, Power-Point, Excel
• Proficiency with e-Learning authoring tools
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer