Intuitive Surgical Careers
Interaction Design Intern
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Must be concurrently enrolled in a degree-seeking program with an accredited university or enrolled in an upcoming program in the fall.
Primary Function of Position:
This full-time internship position would involve working as part of a team of interaction designers, industrial designers, engineers, and clinicians on a new robotic system currently in development. We are in the process of defining overall behavior including physical and graphical interfaces (screens, discrete indicators, physical inputs, and related software applications).
• Supporting user testing by creating assets, prototypes, and activities
• Helping define workflow steps and procedures with storyboarding or process mapping
• Creating user interface flows using Sketch
• Prototyping physical and digital interfaces
• Proficiency in prototyping physical and digital experiences
• Great work ethic and a passion for delivering a great user experience
• Self-starter and able to work in a collaborative and results oriented environment
• Develop a real-world understanding of user interaction within a complex physical system
• Deliver prototype solutions that demonstrate the value of design prototyping
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.