Intuitive Surgical Careers
Financial Analyst 1
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
If you exemplify our values and want to be part of Company that is really passionate about providing value for the patients and customers we serve, this is the role for you.
Primary Function of Position:
This position supports the Finance or Sales Operations organizations by providing financial and operational business performance analyses to management. Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, future requirements and operating forecasts.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Monitor, identify and communicate financial and operational performance to senior leaders within Finance, Sales, Marketing, Product Operations or G&A functions
• Provide business analytics and statistical analysis to support the business decision making process.
• Develop financial models and review and assess investments based on ROI calculations and business strategy
• Provide financial controllership for cost center budgeting and forecasting
• Support the month-end close process
• Generate monthly reporting and business metrics packages
• Support monthly and quarterly processes
• Monitor and analyze effectiveness of resource utilization
• Design and implement scalable processes to report key business metrics
• Create ad-hoc analyses and business forecasts
• Identify and drive implementation of cost reduction and process improvement projects
• Work with all functional groups to meet financial goals
• BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related degree
• 0-3 years related experience
• Strong excel skills are a necessity (pivot tables, VBA macros, lookup functions, shortcuts)
• Ability to learn business systems and application (such as Hyperion, Essbase, Ariba, Tableau, SQL)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Superb analytical skills with a focus on solving complex business issues
• Proven self-starter with ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer