Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Manager, FP&A Applications
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
If you exemplify our values and want to be part of Company that is really passionate about providing value for the patients and customers we serve, this is the role for you.
The Senior Manager, FP&A Applications is responsible for the development of information technology systems and solutions which enable the advancement of the Financial Planning & Analysis function. The job requires the senior manager to work closely with business management in developing IT strategies and implementing those strategies timely and cost effectively. At the same time the senior manager must ensure the resources, processes and standards are in place to effectively support existing systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Serve and act as the main contact for all IT-related matters for the Finance function in matters concerning Financial Planning and Analysis.
• Provide overall direction for FP&A within the IT Application’s group
• Provide production support for existing applications ensuring responsiveness to customer requests and quality of work
• Assist the Director of Business Applications in the implementation and team adherence to standards, internal controls and processes for the Applications team (including Project Management Office standards and processes)
• Ensure internal controls are followed and exceptions are reported immediately
• Lead projects, internal teams or taskforces as assigned by the Director of Business Applications
• Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change within the assigned business functions.
• Contribute to the development of the Project Management Office
• Resolve problems in a timely manner and escalate when necessary
• Remain at the forefront of industry practices and application development
The senior manager is responsible for the following applications:
• SAP CO including Cost Center, Profit Center accounting, Profitability Analysis and Product Costing
• Hyperion Planning
Goal Setting, Planning and Organization :
• Work with senior management to develop long-term plans for the deployment of IT solutions for the assigned business area
• Develop long term work and resource plans for the team
• Communicate team work plans to other teams within the IT group
• Assist in the development of the department budget and monthly forecasts
• Develop performance metrics and report actual performance of the team
Leadership and Team Management :
• Challenge team members to develop as leaders
• Work to ensure team members attain goals and pursue excellence.
• Review the work of team members and address performance issues timely and as appropriate
• Serve as a coach and mentor for team members
• Create job descriptions and define responsibilities for team members
• Conduct annual performance reviews for assigned staff
• Create career and training plans and ensure execution
• Acknowledge team member contributions as appropriate
• Conduct regular status meetings with team members
• Resolve team conflict and communication issues as necessary
• Conduct performance improvement plans as necessary
Competency Requirements: (Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.) In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must have:
• Experience managing business applications teams supporting Finance.
• At least 10 years of experience designing, implementing and supporting business applications for Finance requirements.
• Ability to influence business teams, including management, in the selection and design of technology solutions as well as implementation and support approaches.
• Successful track record in working on cross-functional, cross-team projects.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong analytical skills, and ability to deal with ambiguity in a rapidly changing business environment.
• Strong project and program management skills.
• BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent. MBA preferred.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer