Intuitive Surgical Careers
Systems Analyst (Robotics Control Engineer) Intern
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Joining Intuitive Surgical, Inc. means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must be concurrently enrolled in a degree-seeking program with an accredited university or enrolled in an upcoming program in the fall.
Primary Function of Position:
Systems Analysts, with a vital and wide-ranging role, are primarily responsible for generating, debugging and tuning the key algorithms associated with Intuitive Surgical products, and providing analytic assistance to other engineering groups. The Systems Analyst will investigate and resolve issues that impact the production process and system performances in the field. The successful candidate will have the technical depth to troubleshoot advanced problems and initiate improvements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Design, develop, implement, and support product testing, calibration and diagnostics software algorithms
• Address issues at production and also in the field, perform analysis, evaluate risk, determine root causes, provide solutions, and propose design improvements
• Analyze complex medical electro-mechanical devices and servo control systems for safety and clinical risk, anticipate potential failure modes, and provide risk mitigation strategies
• Thorough theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience in robot manipulator kinematics, dynamics, and control including motion and vision sensing
• Demonstrated sound engineering judgment and technical skills in real problem solving – from improving and optimizing performance levels to identifying issues, and making improvements
• In-depth knowledge of software principles, practices and techniques including testability, maintainability and scalability. The ability of writing efficient and reliable codes that really, really work on real systems is essential
• Obtain real-world knowledge on manipulator robotics, control and safety algorithms, and also hands-on experience on complex mechatronic systems
• Improve software knowledge and skills
• Develop analytical thinking and real-world problem solving skills including data analysis, failure and risk analysis
• Enhance communication and team skills
Commitment: Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 10-12 weeks beginning Summer of 2018.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.