Intuitive Surgical Careers
Product Marketing MBA Intern
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Joining Intuitive Surgical, Inc. means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
This position has the opportunity to make a direct impact to Intuitive Surgical’s marketing initiatives that deliver da Vinci Surgery to patients worldwide. With the direction and supervision of a Group Product Manager or Sr. Marketing Manager, the Product Marketing MBA Intern will create a marketing strategy and positioning for a clinical procedure area and/or da Vinci Surgical System and its associated products (e.g. EndoWrist Stapler and EndoWrist Vessel Sealer). Summer projects will focus on under-addressed markets that are expected to have a growing role in the procedural portfolio.
Roles, Responsibilities and Learning Objectives:
This position has responsibility and authority to:
• Deliver analysis and strategy to drive direction of the marketing of a procedure and/or system/instrument product line
• Develop an understanding of the value proposition and how to communicate that message to key customers and constituencies such as physicians, providers, payors, patients, and sales force.
• Work with Key Opinion Leader physicians to better understand how the da Vinci Surgical System and instruments are being utilized and determine how to communicate that value proposition to other physicians.
The MBA Product Marketing Intern will:
• Execute on two distinct summer projects encompassing different but complimentary areas of the business and present their findings to senior management at the conclusion of the internship
• Gain a deep understanding of da Vinci procedures and products and their value propositions.
• Analyze and assess the dynamics of the particular market, its associated call point, and how the da Vinci System is positioned within this context
• Work closely with other departments, including sales and training, to develop a strategy for the project which is executable and has measurable success criteria. Identify key success criteria and metrics which are measurable and executable.
• Spend time in the field observing cases and interfacing with both customers and Intuitive sales representatives to gather first-hand knowledge of the project’s potential impact and how best to execute on its goals.
• Complete and deliver key tools identified as needs for part of the marketing package.
• Pursuing an MBA in life science, engineering or business discipline strongly preferred
• Marketing or sales experience in a therapeutic medical device company preferred
• Demonstrated interest in healthcare and medical devices
• A proven record of achievement and leadership
• Results-driven attitude & a resolve to win; must be self-directed with the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Proven ability to solve open-ended problems and work cross-functionally to implement initiatives.
• Superior verbal/written communication, teambuilding, and interpersonal skills to work across multiple constituents.
• Must be well versed in MS Office Suite.
• Ability to travel at various times throughout the summer. Some international travel may be required.
• Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 10-12 weeks beginning May or June
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.