Intuitive Surgical Careers
Manufacturing Software Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Blacksburg-Blacksburg
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
- Work on a cross-functional team to design, implement, document and qualify software to be used in fixtures on a manufacturing line
- Collaborate with the product team, hardware/software developers, and manufacturing engineers to develop comprehensive diagnostic software to ensure devices meet specific requirements
- Assist in the development of formal manufacturing process instructions that use software to perform tests
- Ensure FDA compliance through documentation, unit testing, peer reviews, and validation of software output
- Support engineers in verification and validation activities
- A degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics, or Computer Engineering, or similar field relating to robotics or electro-mechanical systems.
- 2+ years of development experience in manufacturing engineering, test engineering, diagnostics software, or embedded software development.
- Hands-on engineering experience with proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong ability to isolate and debug embedded hardware and software problems
- Experience with Object Oriented development in C++ (or similar)
- Experience with Labview is encouraged
- Experience with embedded Linux development is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- A passion for creating robust and reliable products