Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Joining Intuitive Surgical, Inc. means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must be concurrently enrolled in a degree-seeking program with an accredited university or enrolled in an upcoming program in the fall.
Primary Function of Position:
We are seeking a summer intern to support the Applied Research team to develop prototype 3D sensing systems based on state-of-the-art sensing technologies along with computer vision and machine learning algorithms.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The intern will:
• Develop prototype 3D recognition/tracking/mapping algorithms and frameworks
• Develop/train/test machine learning algorithms for 3D recognition tasks in surgical scenarios
• Explore sensor fusion algorithms to improve the framework.
• Experiment with several users and clinical advisors to iterate the design based on feedback and performance.
• Graduate-level study in computer science, electrical engineering or robotics with emphasis on computer vision and machine learning.
• Good hands on C++/Python/Matlab skills.
• Good hands on experience with a few of the state of the art machine learning algorithms
• Good hands on experience with computer vision algorithms and libraries.
• Experience with GPU accelerated algorithms and implementation.
• Experience with integrating software libraries from third parties into custom applications.
• A good working knowledge of sensor fusion algorithms is a plus.
• Self-starter and able to work in a collaborative and results oriented environment.
• Develop, build, and test prototypes in an industrial research environment.
• Gain experience with state of the are 3D sensing technologies/systems/algorithms
• Gain hands-on experience with a robot-assisted surgery platform while integrating and testing prototype technologies.
• Gain experience working with data-sets from clinical settings.
Commitment: Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 10-12 weeks beginning Summer of 2018.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.