Intuitive Surgical Careers
Applied Research Intern
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Atlanta-Atlanta
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must be concurrently enrolled in a degree-seeking program with an accredited university or enrolled in an upcoming program in the fall.
Primary Function of Position:
We are seeking a summer intern to support the Applied Research team focused on advanced analytics and new technology development to optimize surgical workflow and performance for next generation robotic surgery platforms. The intern will:
• Prototype and test new technologies and algorithms to accelerate the learning process of new surgeons
• Take ideas through the design process to prototypes and applications
• Work closely with researchers, engineers, surgeons, and external academic partners and have exposure to other departments throughout the company
• B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. candidate in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Neuroscience, or similar, with a focus on robotics
• Excellent problem solving abilities in a fast paced, exciting work environment
• Experience writing algorithms and code using Matlab, Python, and/or C/C++
• Experience with data analysis
• Gain experience analyzing real-world data and developing analytics products
• Learn how to work closely with engineers, surgeons, and other professionals
• Gain experience presenting research to a broad audience throughout the company
Commitment: Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 10-12 weeks beginning May or June.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer