Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Security Engineer, Identity and Access Governance
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
This position is responsible for maintaining the corporate Identity and Access Governance (IAM / IAG) systems. This position requires great communication, excellent problem solving, and strong technical skills to manage the corporate IAG infrastructure.
This position has responsibility and authority for:
• Managing and administering the corporate Identity and Access Management / Governance system.
• Identify system and process gaps, construct project proposals and deploy solutions
• Lead/support access management initiatives and implement security best practices
• Design, integrate, and support IAM/IAG tools and processes
• Document operational process, standards, and guidelines
• Analyze requests to adequately assess risk and best practices to define acceptable solutions, aligning business and security requirements
• Conduct or support risk assessments, gap analysis, and mitigation activities
• Manage project execution including budget, quality, resources, risk, scope, and timeline
• Responsible for identifying and recommending priorities and schedules for information security projects or initiatives
• Ensure that IT Security controls meet regulatory and company requirements and support audit related activities
• Participate in information security investigation activities
• Mentor other team members
• Manage business relationships with security service suppliers
• Help develop and monitor key performance indicators and metrics
• Performance of other duties and responsibilities as directed
• Minimum of 10 years of experience and a Bachelor degree in a technical related field (or additional related experience).
• Minimum of 5 years experience directly working or managing IAM / IAG related systems and processes, preferably with SailPoint IdentityIQ and Okta
• Strong knowledge and experience with identity director architecture and design, identity federation, provisions processes, and single sign-on (SSO)
• Minimum of 3 years experience with access governance including access controls, attestations, and supporting audit related activities.
• Ability to effectively communicate with others
• Capable of communicating complex concepts to diverse audiences with varying skills sets, communicating with both technology providers and business leaders
• Experience with SailPoint SecurityIQ, Varonis, or other tools for monitoring and classifying unstructured data
• Professional certification(s) a plus (e.g. CompTIA Security, CISSP, CISM, CISA, CCIE, etc.)
• Experience with IT audit/assessment/examination: SOX, FDA, ISO 27K, NIST, etc.
• Demonstrated experience teaming with business and IT stakeholders to deliver projects
• In-depth internal control knowledge of core IT technologies and processes (e.g., network systems, operating systems, databases, access controls, change control processes, application and system development, IT operations, incident response, monitoring, data backup/retention/recovery, IT vendor management, asset management, etc.)
• Advanced technical capabilities in a wide array of platforms and systems (e.g., Networking, VMware, Windows, UNIX, SQL, etc.)
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.