Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Product Manager, da Vinci System Software
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Intuitive Surgical is the industry pioneer and leader in robotic-assisted surgical systems. Our da Vinci Surgical System is an advanced platform for minimally invasive surgery that has touched the lives of more than four million patients worldwide. Our system acts as a natural extension of a surgeon’s eyes and hands through a combination of cutting-edge robotics, immersive 3D stereoscopic vision, and intuitive human-interface controls, all driven by an advanced software platform. Over the past two decades, this revolutionary technology has brought about a new era in minimally invasive surgery. As we mark our 22nd year, we are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join the team in building our advanced software platform as a brand, and launching new da Vinci System Software across multiple surgical platforms globally.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Sr. Product Manager, da Vinci System Software is a unique, newly developed role responsible for both upstream and downstream marketing of Intuitive Surgical’s current and future da Vinci System Software Platforms. This includes executing high-impact software launches worldwide, developing strategies to elevate the software brand above the competition, working closely with the sales organization and R&D teams to capture user needs to help define the long-term software release roadmap and work with internal partners shepherd the product through the design control process.
• Elevate da Vinci System Software as a core product in the da Vinci brand. (Think da Vinci software releases like Apple launches operating systems)
• Manage the end-to-end da Vinci System Software lifecycle, working across the organization to ensure alignment and execution of high-impact software releases.
• Catalog user needs, product feedback and other primary market research to champion long-term product roadmaps defined by providing clinical, operational and economic value to customers.
• Define product claims and regulatory strategy for future software releases.
• Develop global product commercialization plans and lead regional sales and marketing teams to execute successful software launches.
• Track competitive products and emerging technology. Identify complementary technology and potential industry partnerships.
• Position product value against competitive offerings and educate the sales organization on product differences.
• Craft and refine key value propositions and product positioning in support of building the product brand, marketing collateral and training materials.
• Be the subject matter expert for your product, and the competitors, providing expertise and training to sales, surgeons, hospital administrators and OR staff.
• Ensure business readiness for new software releases by working across many internal business departments (including User Facing, SW engineering, Training, Tech Pubs, Product support and field service)
• Managing Business Review meetings to ensure alignment across the organization.
• Work with internal partners to complete specific design control deliverables including product requirements, user manuals, training documents, design review meeting content.
• Product management experience in a therapeutic medical device and/or software company. Surgical and/or OR experience desired.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a Product Manager required with a history of defining and launching successful products.
• Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or advanced degree is desirable.
• Proven ability to effectively build a product brand, position and communicate product value.
• Develop strong sales partnerships to drive product adoption.
• Capacity to learn new technical skills and build clinical acumen.
• Ability to take complex technologies and simplify learning to be understood across a broad customer base.
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively amidst competing priorities to deliver high-impact marketing programs on-time and within budget to support overall marketing strategy and business objectives.
• Superior verbal/written communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills to work across multiple constituents.
• Self-starter with ability to take leadership in a fast-paced environment.
• Able to prioritize and smoothly manage multiple tasks.
• Agility to pivot focus to meet evolving sales and customer needs.
• Proven ability to work across disparate parts of an organization to deliver results.
• Well versed in MS Office Suite.
• Ability to travel 20 - 40% of the time. Some international travel may be required.
• The position is located at Intuitive Surgical Headquarters in Sunnyvale, California.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.