Intuitive Surgical Careers
Internal Communications Specialist
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
What We’re Looking For:
We’re building a world-class Internal Communications team that brings forward-thinking ideas and solutions to the way our employees connect with our company, our leaders and each other. Our ideal teammate would be a great collaborator that is passionate about bringing Intuitive’s story to life — and is ready to have some fun along the way.
If you’re a brilliant storyteller, thoughtful strategist and, most importantly, team player, then you get us. Let’s build something great together.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position will:
• Assist with the implementation of programs and initiatives to meet business objectives
• Coordinate department-sponsored events
• Craft compelling content across multiple platforms
• Triage employee inquiries and provide first-level support for the intranet and social collaboration platform
• Maintain department tools and resources, including the intranet
• Manage the internal communications editorial calendar
• Measure our success through program metrics
• Document guidelines and create resources for the team’s client service model
• Assist in ad-hoc projects, as needed
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must have:
• Excellent project management skills
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Team player attitude
• Ability to move quickly, take initiative, multi-task and work cross-functionally
• Ability to stay calm under pressure
• Expert-level skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Public Relations or Journalism preferred
• 3-5 years of related work experience with Marketing, Public Relations or Corporate Communications background preferred
• Background in medical device/health care industry preferred
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer