Intuitive Surgical Careers
Robotics Software Engineering Intern
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Must be concurrently enrolled in a graduate degree-seeking program with an accredited university or enrolled in an upcoming program in the fall.
Primary Function of Position:
We are seeking a summer intern to support our research team focused on image-guidance for robotic surgery. The intern will:
• Collect and analyze data and run optimization algorithms in order to improve accuracy and performance of systems• Develop evaluation and test routines for real-time systems and associated software• Perform evaluation of the measurements in operating room conditions• Prepare documents and user/developer manuals for the system• Participate in software debugging and documentation
• Graduate level student (CS, ECE or equivalent)
• Must have excellent communication and writing skills
• Excellent knowledge of linear algebra and optimization techniques
• Strong C/C++ and MATLAB programming skills
• Knowledge of Python programming is a big plus
• Excellent knowledge of kinematic modeling for robotic manipulators
• Experience with tracking systems, calibration, registration and error analysis
• Great work ethic and an enthusiasm for problem solving and data analysis
• Desire to achieve best results and overcome technical obstacles and challenges
• Self-starter and able to work in a collaborative and results oriented environment
• Gain experience with hands-on research and development in the field of surgical robotics
• Participate in ex-vivo and in-vivo test and validation of research outcomes
• Gain experience with development of algorithms and workflows for real-time systems in image-guided surgery
Commitment: Must be available to work full-time hours, M-F for 10-12 weeks beginning May or June.