Intuitive Surgical Careers
Talent Management & Organizational Development Manager
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
What are we looking for?
In this newly created role, the Talent Management and Organizational Development Manager will be responsible for designing and overseeing the implementation of Intuitive Surgical’s talent management life cycle. This role will be responsible for facilitating the design and driving the operationalization of talent practices such as goal planning, milestone feedback, performance management, and development planning within Intuitive Surgical.
This role is critical to our unfolding people strategy, and this leader will create of a set of solutions and experiences that will increase employee capabilities and enable our managers to create inclusive teams, develop their people, and deliver outstanding results. Success in this role will come from a combination of simple, humanistic design principles, collaboration and ability to drive alignment, and a dogged execution style.
If you exemplify our company values of providing value to our patients and customers and want to be part of a team that is passionate about enabling our employees to do great work and grow in their careers, this is the role for you!
This position has responsibility and authority for:
• Creating value for patients and surgeons by participating in the development and leading the implementation of talent practices that enable ISI employees to do their best work
• Participating in the collaborative development, design and implementation of talent management initiatives (e.g. goal setting and prioritization, performance management, and orientation and onboarding).
• Leading talent management practice implementation and change management in close partnership with HR Senior leadership, HRBP’s, business leaders and Corporate Communications.
• Aligned with the Product Operations organization, partnering with functional business leaders, HR Business Partners, and fellow COEs to assess the organization, team, & leadership development needs and bring these back to the GTD team. Will articulate GTD programs and tools to the product operations HRBPs and determine functional implementation strategies.
• Defining learning objectives, design, develop, and facilitate professional and management related learning solutions and measure business impact.
• Staying current with the thinking and practice of talent management and the specific practices through research, internally & externally.
• EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s in education, industrial/organizational psychology or a related discipline is required, Master's preferred. Requires 8-10 years of experience in talent, OD, OE roles.
• LEARNING / HUMAN PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGE: Ability to apply working knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional design methodology to talent solutions. Expertise in adapting instructional content to meet functional and organization needs. Apply broad expertise or unique knowledge to solve organizational problems; uses skills to contribute to development of strategies, practices, and programs to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
• RESEARCH & ANALYSIS: Demonstrated ability to implore internal consulting tools and practices to conduct needs assessments, determine root cause, and develop organization development solutions to meet the needs of the business. Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• INDEPENDENCE: Self-starter who can navigate ambiguity with optimism and iteration to rapidly prototype. Able to work independently and manage commitments, all while checking in and asking for feedback.
• PERSUASIVE COMMUNICATION: Superior presentation skills and experience facilitating training for all levels of employees
• INFLUENCE & ALIGNMENT: A highly collaborative professional who can drive partnership, alignment, and communication across functional lines and at all levels. Ability to build external and internal relationships. Internal and external contacts often pertain to company plans and objectives and matters often involving coordination among groups.
• PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Ability to manage large-scale learning, talent management, and organization development projects and deliver high quality results.
• ACCOUNTABILITY & EXECUTION: The ability to follow assignments through to completion with a bias towards operationalizing concepts, implementation and measurement of activities.
What’s in it for you?
Joining Intuitive Surgical means becoming part of an organization that strives to make surgery more effective, less invasive and easier on surgeons, patients and their families. Human Resources is the people business of Intuitive Surgical. We attract, manage, and engage our talent through advanced programs and global processes to support every employee in understanding how they contribute to our business, how they can develop professionally, and how they can maximize their personal potential.
We strive to make surgery more effective, less invasive and easier on surgeons, patients and their families.
On top of all that, you are joining our Global Talent Development team a small group of passionate and experienced talent and learning professionals that enjoy thinking up new ways to help our employees while finding the best ways to get work done. We collaborate cross-functionality with a wide range of ISI departments, while leveraging our external networks to create solid and long-lasting talent practices and development programs that align to and support our company’s mission and strategic priorities. In GTD, we adhere to a key set of design principles which guide our work: Provide purpose, Encourage behavior change, Leverage industry best practice, Keep users central in design, Enable remote participants, Address the global audience, and Encourage collaboration. Global Talent Development is about all of us growing – not just those employees we support! The ideal candidate will grow in their role over time by streamlining their basic responsibilities and understanding more about our programs and tools, thus allowing greater room for new projects and focuses over time.
We enable ISI employees to do their best work through education, communities, and tools.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer