Intuitive Surgical Careers
Field Service Engineer - Hamburg
Primary Location: Germany-Hamburg-Hamburg-Hamburg
Position’s Objective & Summary:
Install and support the Intuitive Surgical products and ensure service agreements and warranty obligations are fulfilled. Exceed customer expectations and maintain customer satisfaction to the highest possible level.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Pre site verifications to prepare site for system installation.
- Assist in coordination of system delivery (e.g. confirming site readiness)
- Perform system installations.
- Install system upgrades.
- Provide technical support to end-users and other IS employees.
- Perform maintenance inspections as required to ensure system meets performance specifications.
- Troubleshoot and repair Intuitive Surgical products and associated equipment failures as required.
- Maintain accurate configurations of installed base.
- Present and sell Service Agreements
- Manage spare parts inventory.
- Support tradeshow activity.
- Provide back up support to adjacent FE’s
- Administrative duties, which include but not limited to; Field Activity Reports, Return Material Authorizations, Expense Reports etc...
- Act as a liaison for customers to HQ and Sales.
- Provide feedback to HQ to improve processes and improve efficiencies.
- Develop rapport with hospital staff
- Competent in knowledge and implementation of O.R. protocol
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- BS in electrical or mechanical engineering or equivalent training/experience
- Proven track record in independently troubleshooting complex electro-mechanical systems
- Ability to develop positive customer relationships
- Ability in presenting and selling service contracts
- Strong administrative and record keeping skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel in the country and abroad
- Fluent in English and local language as required