Intuitive Surgical Careers
Software Integration Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Primary Function of Position:
The Software Integration Engineer is primarily responsible for integrating and testing new prototypes of products. The Software Integration Engineer will support the SW development group to test new software releases by developing software module tests (manual and automated), SW/HW integration tests and maintaining test protocol documentation. The focus is to ensure that new products/prototypes are safe and effective, and meet design and user requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with software engineering team to develop/ execute unit, component-level/ system-level test suites
- Work with build and release engineer to test new SW releases/prototypes
- Responsible for writing and executing software tests:
- Write and execute software verification of unit test software
- Write and execute software verification of system integration
- Conduct testing per released test protocols (SW and SW/HW integration)
- Write and release test reports and maintain formal test protocols
- Conduct informal and formal testing and log/ verify issues in issue tracking system
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related degree, with 1-2 years of relevant experience in programming.
- Strong scripting skills using python, command line and other scripting languages is required.
- Experience with testing and troubleshooting C/C++ applications is required.
- Strong understanding of software testing practices and QA fundamentals is required.
- Strong understanding of HW/SW integration testing is required.
- Experience with unit testing is required.
- Experience with repository management solutions such as Git and Subversion is required.
- Experience with testing under Linux and Windows is required.
- Experience with issue tracking tools (such as JIRA) is a plus.
- Proficiency in testing Mac OS environment and iOS applications is a plus.
- Proficiency in testing web applications is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to present effectively.
- Self-motivated to learn, test, find and resolve bugs with software development team
- Have the ability to define goals and work independently in the face of ambiguity and complexity.
- Proven experience with development and testing of medical device, medical imaging and robotics products that have been successfully launched to market is a plus.