Intuitive Surgical Careers
Human Factors Project Coordinator
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Human Factor Project Coordinator uses his/her knowledge of human factors and project management, as well as knowledge of the processes by which the HF team performs their work to implement programs and strategies to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the HF team. The HF Project Coordinator will work with Human Factors, Clinical Development Engineers, Design Engineers, and Test Engineers to define and develop processes and parameters for the test and evaluation of new products. The Project Coordinator will also help maintain the HF case observation process, manage participant recruiting, oversee the UX lab, and communicate case observation opportunities with CSR’s/CSM’s. They will also provide oversight and assistance across all HF projects to assure that project activities and documentation meet company defined standards. The HF Project Coordinator will also assist with HF documentation needs, as required.
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities for this position include the following:
• Provide planning support to HF project teams, particularly with respect to identifying and generating appropriate project logistics and recruiting. Where needed, provide assistance in the generation of process-related project documentation.• Provide lab support to the HF group by managing lab coordination, equipment, and logistics• Collaborate with other organizations within the company as needed, including regulatory, clinical development, marketing and sales.• Keep the organization’s vision and values at the forefront of decision making and actions• Provide logistics support for HF led studies, such as formative studies, summative studies, etc.• Perform other duties as assigned or warranted to support the company’s overall strategy and goals
• B.S. in Human Factors Engineering, Cognitive Psychology, or similar
• Two years in medical device industry preferred
• Project management experience strongly preferred
• Ability to manage multiple challenging assignments
• Excellent teamwork skills with proven ability to cultivate collaboration across multiple disciplines to insure project success
• Excellent writing and communication skills, and attention to detail
• Proficiency with project management and user research tools preferred