Intuitive Surgical Careers
Accounting Supervisor - EU entities
Primary Location: Switzerland---
Primary Function of Position:
Supervise the general accounting function and associated reporting for the EU entities:
- General Ledger, journal entries, Accounts Payables, payroll accounting, Fixed assets, VAT and Intrastat
- Preparation of monthly financial statements, as well as other regular or adhoc reporting;
Significant involvement in daily operational tasks (80%).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage in full autonomy a team of accountants that are providing high quality as per set timelines.
- Focuses on career development of direct reports by assigning and monitoring individual tasks, group projects and/or objectives and providing regular feedback.
- Identify and drive team goals in line with corporate goals.
ACCOUNTING / STATUTORY AUDITS / CORPORATE FILING
- Responsible for timely and accurate production of monthly Balance Sheet and P&L in accordance with Group guidelines, as well as monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Ensure all group activities are properly recorded under US GAAP for all (Defined benefits, depreciation schedule, deferred taxes, FA, accruals …)
- Responsible for accuracy, completeness and presentation of group set of books as well as statutory books for all entities under the responsibility.
- Responsible for the presentation of corporate and statutory set of books.
- Responsible for and coordinate interim and final audits with external Auditors.
- Together with the Corporate treasury department, in charge of the treasury function for the EU entities. Monitor local bank accounts for transfer of intercompany payments to US and other International entities
- Responsible for the computation and accuracy of the operating lease activities (transfer pricing, FA depreciation, impact on entity financial situation)
- Ensure that all VAT and Intrastat requirements are met on a timely manner (i.e. VAT declaration and reconciliation) for respective entities under the responsibility
- Filing of all tax returns, on a timely basis, ensure proper and prompt reimbursement, as possible, through fiscal representation or other means
- Participate to any audit conducted for the EU entity (e.g. internal Audit, VAT audit…)
- Provide detailed account analysis as requested by Finance Director, Accounting Manager and/or Corporate accounting, on a timely and accurate basis
- Actively participate in any project that could have an accounting impact for SARL or any local EMEIA subsidiary
- Ad-hoc requests on demand
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Accounting degree (Brevet Federal or CPA) is required, with 8-10 years of work experience (out of which 4-5 years in a senior accounting role)
- Deep knowledge of US GAAP, Swiss GAAP or IFRS
- Good understanding of Swiss and EU statutory, legal, social and Tax activities
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough, with desire for continuous improvement
- Team player personality with good interpersonal skills and service-mentality
- Good analytical capabilities and totally at ease with numbers
- Open to a growing, fast changing environment. Welcomes challenges and able to manage multiple priorities with sometimes tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills, in particular MS Excel, working knowledge of SAP
- Fluent in English and French. Excellent knowledge of a third European language would be a plus
- Ability to communicate at highest level of management (French & English)