Intuitive Surgical Careers
Product Manager, da Vinci Systems
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Product Manager, da Vinci Systems will be responsible for downstream marketing of Intuitive Surgical’s flagship product, the da Vinci Xi Surgical System, and associated platform technologies. This includes executing high-impact product launches worldwide, developing strategies to accelerate adoption and utilization, and working closely with the sales organization and R&D teams to capture user needs to help define the long-term product roadmap.
Product Manager Key Objectives:
1. Develop strategic plans to maximize utilization da Vinci Systems. Establish and maintain a network of key opinion leaders across all surgical specialties and geographies to execute on strategic plans.
2. Define and expand product claims & regulatory strategy driving clinical and bench top research.
3. Catalog customer feedback through primary and secondary market research activities including interviews, case observations and customer focus groups. Refine requirements with feedback from customers, clinical sales and clinical development engineering.
4. Lead cross-functional teams through all aspects of the product launch process. Establish product positioning, value propositions and pricing. Create supporting marketing and sales training materials. Conduct customer preference studies and deliver new product training to sales, training and customer support. Measure product success through post-launch product feedback.
5. Be an internal subject matter expert on all clinical and technical aspects of the da Vinci Xi Surgical System and accompanying technologies through sales, surgeon, and OR staff training taking a “hands-on” role in product evaluation labs. Understand the competitive landscape of emerging and complementary technologies and its impact on da Vinci surgery.
Product Manager Key Deliverables:
• Develop, maintain and execute strategic plans for da Vinci Systems• Work with key opinion leaders in multiple specialties to explore clinical utility, new surgical techniques and expand indications for use• Create and execute marketing programs to highlight clinical value of the da Vinci Xi Surgical System to support the capital sales process• Develop and maintain product commercialization plans globally, lead cross functional product launch teams to execute high-impact product launches• Craft and refine key value propositions and product positioning in support of marketing collateral and training materials• Provide product expertise and training to sales, surgeons and OR staff.• Catalog user needs, product feedback and other primary market research to champion long-term product roadmaps across the organization• Track competitive products and emerging technology. Identify complementary technology and potential industry partnerships. Position product value against competitive products and educate the sales organization on product positioning and differences.
• Product management experience in a therapeutic medical device company. Surgical and/or OR experience desired.• Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a Product Manager required with a history of defining and launching successful products• Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or advanced degree is desirable.• Proven ability to effectively position and message product value.• Develop strong sales partnerships to drive product/procedure adoption.• Demonstrated success in building clinical education and marketing programs to drive product growth.• Capacity to learn new technical skills and build clinical acumen for clear communication across engineering, sales, and clinical organizations.• Ability to take complex technologies and simplify learning to be understood across a broad customer base.• Demonstrated ability to work creatively amidst competing priorities to deliver high-impact marketing programs on-time and within budget to support overall marketing strategy and business objectives.• Superior verbal/written communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills to work across multiple constituents.• Self-starter with ability to take leadership in an unstructured environment.• Able to prioritize and smoothly manage multiple tasks• Agility to pivot focus to meet evolving sales and customer needs.• Must be well versed in MS Office Suite.• Ability to travel 20 - 40% of the time. Some international travel is required.