Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Compensation Analyst
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means becoming part of an organization that strives to make surgery more effective, less invasive, and easier on surgeons, patients, and their families.
The idea of surgical robotics was little more than a curiosity until 1999, the year Intuitive Surgical introduced the da Vinci® Surgical System. Today, Intuitive Surgical is the global leader in the rapidly emerging field of robotic-assisted minimally invasive surgery, helping surgeons offer their patients minimally invasive surgery more often and with better outcomes than conventional approaches for those patients who can benefit from it. Intuitive Surgical is also an industry leader in designing data capture from over 4,000 surgical robotics systems used by over 20,000 surgeons globally. As our company has grown in product reach and geography, our opportunity to improve our customers’ experiences and business operations using digital technologies is substantial and growing quickly.
Roles & Responsibilities
Are you looking for the opportunity to take your compensation experience to the next level? Here’s an opportunity to focus your experience and skills in a Fortune 500 company with growth like a startup. Intuitive Surgical is looking for an experienced Compensation Analyst with proven skills and a passion for our mission “to improve the lives of patients in all that we do.” The Senior Compensation Analyst must possess a deep understanding of global compensation along with the ability to scale programs enhancing employees’ experiences across current, new, and emerging markets.
He/she will be part of a strong team responsible for assessing the compensation landscape against current and future company needs, resulting in a future state that enhances the total rewards experience for all employees.
He/she will possess a work style promoting progress through collaborative teamwork in a dynamic environment. The candidate must be committed to delivering world-class solutions, highest levels of customer service, and continuously improve processes, programs, and performance.
- Work with the total rewards team delivering compensation packages aligned with company reward/recognition philosophies and strategy
- Design, develop, and manage administration of employee compensation worldwide, including oversight and governance
- Advise and inform management regarding the company’s worldwide compensation effectiveness, while demonstrating an understanding of market dynamics, key competitor pay plan design, and industry trends
- Use competitive market data to develop and implement strategic plans for enhancing and optimizing compensation programs value and delivery
- Monitor the effectiveness and competitiveness of compensation programs, making recommendations to improve effectiveness of programs, process, and administration
- Conduct research to understand broad industry dynamics, best practices, and organization-specific issues related to compensation policy and strategy
- Ensure compensation plans are communicated in a meaningful and relevant manner—engaging and educating employees and their families
- Assist in recommending, implementing, and administering base salary, incentive compensation, and recognition programs for designated internal client groups
- Mentor colleagues within the group and in the business on the importance and downstream impacts of key data elements
- Look for opportunities to leverage technology that minimizes un-scalable data issues and manual work
- Continuously look for process improvements and outside the box thinking
- Ensure all worldwide Compensation Programs/Plans are managed in compliance with local, state/provincial, and national laws
- Minimum of 10+ years of related experience, education, training and/or industry knowledge; 8+ years of compensation experience
- BA or BS degree, preferably in Business Administration; CCP certificate preferred
- Solid business acumen and strategic thinker with excellent grasp of financial and economic overall business drivers
- Ability to develop global long-term rewards strategies aligned with critical business priorities
- Demonstrate ability to develop strong collaborative relationships/partnerships within the company (e.g. business leaders, HRBPs, COEs, Finance, Payroll, IT) and with external vendor partners
- Highly articulate with outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills—along with strong executive presence
- Results driven professional with demonstrated track record of developing and executing strategies who displays a sense of urgency
- Ability to project and/or program manage from concept to execution
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective pacing, prioritization, and sequencing of work
- Advanced analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills/abilities
- Advanced Excel skills; experienced with HR Management systems
- Detailed oriented; willingness to “lead” and “do”
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.