Intuitive Surgical Careers
Product Manager - Stapler
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Develop, implement, and execute marketing and sales strategies / tactics for the EndoWrist Stapler instruments and accessories for da Vinci Surgical Systems. Work jointly with Training, Sales, Clinical Marketing, Global Marketing, Engineering, and Operations teams to achieve goals and implement the EndoWrist Stapler portfolio in domestic and global markets.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
- Work cooperatively with global marketing partners and sales management (Clinical Sales and Capital Sales) to successfully target and sell new and existing customers on implementing EndoWrist Stapler.
- Work cooperatively with global marketing partners, Sales, Customer Service, and Engineering teams to sustain the existing product portfolio across multiple surgical specialties.
- Work cooperatively with Product Development teams (Engineering, Interaction Design, Human Factors, Program Management Office, and Regulatory) and Product Marketing teams on implementing the product portfolio.
- Maintain marketing and product requirements, instructions for use and labeling, and establish new marketing claims strategies for existing products.
- Assist with identifying user or surgical needs for new products or enhancements and clearly define the product requirements for Product Development teams.
- Partner cross-functionally with Regulatory, Logistics, Manufacturing, Customer Service, Marketing Communications, and the Project Management Office to implement new product portfolio launches.
- Develop and maintain analytical, scalable tools to measure product launch success, on-going product metrics, and opportunities.
- Maintain a front-line presence for the customer experience, assisting Sales with critical troubleshooting and raising trending product performance issues.
- Maintain global forecasting, partnering with Master Planning, New Product Introduction and Order Support teams to ensure service levels are met for new and sustaining products.
- Partner with key surgeon champions (KOLs), Clinical Marketing, and Training to support and develop clinical education programs and symposia to drive promotion, competency, and utilization of new and existing products.
- Develop and maintain procedural knowledge and key surgeon relationships by attending cases, providing product demonstrations to hospital executives or surgeons, and collaborating with Clinical Marketing.
- Present marketing strategies, including but not limited to new product launch segmentation and sustaining selling tactics, to Sales and corporate leadership via executive presentations, podium presentations, and review boards.
- Assist in educating indirect markets (distributors) and associated surgeons, including international tradeshows and symposia.
- Attend key tradeshows, conferences, and symposia and assist with product test-drives, new product unveiling opportunities, and market research.
- Previous surgical stapling experience of more than 1 year preferred.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a therapeutic or medical device company required.
- Surgical and/or Operating Theatre (Room) experience required.
- Experience collaborating with Sales, global marketing teams, Operations, and Customer Service required.
- Proven ability to effectively position and message the product / procedure and develop strong sales support to drive product / procedure adoption.
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively, prioritize and smoothly manage goals and initiatives amidst competing priorities.
- Self-starter with ability to problem solve and establish solutions in a high-growth and fast-pace environment.
- Excellent presentation skills and experience with presenting to surgeons and hospital executives.
- Superior verbal/written communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills across multiple constituents.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office product suite.
- Ability to travel 25%, globally.
Education and Training Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer