Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Logistics Supervisor position is responsible for managing inventory levels in various worldwide FGI locations to assure successful order fulfillment. This includes the balancing of available inventory across multiple plants and assist in Logistics management of direct labor and the overall Logistics goals. This position will also help to perform day-to-day administrative duties and tasks to support Logistics.
Responsible for all material handler job duties including but not limited to: SAP materials transactions, kanban maintenance, kitting, cycle counting, shipping & receiving duties loading and unloading delivery trucks, inventory control & reconciling, expediting materials through the handling process. Assist the area Manager with daily activities and occasional special projects throughout the warehouse. Help prioritize and assist in allocating resources for various daily tasks and projects. Work with the customer service, purchasing and planning departments to identify and resolve any issues and related process problems. Manage the communication process among ISI Shipping, freight forwarding companies and field engineers to ensure timely systems installations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Work with the area Manager to achieve daily department goals.Qualifications
• Efficiently re-assigning resources throughout a shift.
• Work with the area Manager on special department projects.
• Perform standard work activities (hands on) as required to meet the daily goals and objectives.
• Ensure the successful training and ongoing development of team members.
• Ensure all subordinates are following the processes described in their training records.
• Ensure all team members are performing their duties in a safe manner and following company safety policies.
• Work with the area Manager on special department projects.
• Supervise daily department routines to keep the area in compliance with 5S.
• Verify accepted incoming materials released to stock from inspection or receiving for correct part number, quantity, and lot/serial number.
• Perform data entry on material transfer forms.
• Follow up with buyers on status of short materials.
• Perform data entry and cycle counts with a high level of accuracy.
• Receiving duties: greet carriers and confirm box counts, perform damage check, perform receiving transactions on the SAP system, work with purchasing to resolve receiving discrepancies, expedite materials through the inspection process as necessary.
• Shipping duties: pull items listed on sales orders, perform shipping transactions on the SAP system, ship orders using Fed-ex, UPS and other freight manifest systems as required, work with customer service, IT and other departments as required to resolve issues.
• Operate fork lift and pallet jack equipment.
• Generate monthly departmental metrics.
• Allocate resources to meet daily workload relating to regular tasks as well as projects.
• Maintain GMP compliance by assuring area procedures are followed and any non-compliant issues are communicated to the area Manager.
• Assist with training of new employees.
• Participate in continuous improvement and lean programs.
• Maintain the employee training metrics for the area.
• Coordinate system installations: communicate with FEs, dispatchers and drivers to assure all required material and people are properly orchestrated for a successful installation; work with customer service and FEs to assure system configurations are at the installation site on time.
• Manage the shipping supplies and packaging kanban to assure adequate materials are available.
• Assist with inventory control functions: communicate with buyers, planners and customer service to allocate material when necessary for kits, independent demand and system allocation.
• Coordinate the daily cycle count program and perform any necessary reconciliation.
• Perform quarterly physical inventories for the FGI ‘satellite’ locations including the system forward staging locations, training instruments, prototype locations and kitting materials.
• Train, develop and motivate personnel. Assure subordinates follow procedures, meet high quality standards, production schedules, and productivity requirements.
• Write performance appraisals for subordinates and set goals.
• Monitor replenishment shipments with freight forwarders to assure timely delivery.
• Review in house inventory levels to assure adequate inventory is available to initiate replenishment shipments.
• Partner with 3PL distribution centers to implement and maintain cycle count activities and achieve pre-determined accuracy results.
• Perform reconciliation steps with 3PL distribution centers to resolve cycle count variances.
• Assure 3PL distribution centers and other off-site storage and staging locations are GMP compliant.
• Lead continuous improvement initiatives within the Logistics function.
• Ensure all procedures relative to document control in the functional area(s) are followed and completed accurately (MTs, Sales Orders, STOs, 3PL replenishment, etc.).
• Monitor subordinate LMS training records to assure compliance.
• Support finance relating to the month end close of the reporting period (transaction completion, etc.).
• Work on projects and planning schedules to meet team goals.
• Work on various Logistics projects as assigned by your manager.
• Assist in management of the direct labor for assigned Logistics area or other supervisory assignments (i.e. update training records, review vacation requests, and approve time cards, weekend OT supervision). Allocate resources as needed to meet changing demand.
• Help to define and supervise team performance, metrics and goals for your Logistics area.
• Develop processes required to efficiently manage multi-plant inventory levels.
• Balance inventory among worldwide distribution plants and train subordinates to perform these tasks.
• Monitor inventory levels at 3PL distribution centers and schedule replenishment shipments as necessary to maintain established inventory levels.
• Manage changes to 3PL distribution center kanbans due to demand fluctuation.
• Develop communication relationship with Production, Engineering, Purchasing, Shipping, Master Scheduling and Customer Service to manage supply and demand.
• Associate degree preferred or equivalent to 8 years of experience working in a warehouse environment associated with a production facility.
• Minimum 6 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, 4 year degree preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to promote teamwork, resulting in increased communication and productivity.
• Inventory control experience required.
• Ability to research, analyze, and make recommendations for the resolution of job related issues.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions from routine to complex.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Understanding of kanban systems, continuous improvement and lean principles.
• Maintain status as a certified forklift operator (training and certification process provided by ISI).
• Demonstrated ability to successfully multitask departmental priorities in a demanding, high volume environment.
• Experience in the execution of cycle counting, physical inventories and variance reconciliation.
• Experience in independently managing challenging projects or assignments with minimal supervision.
• Knowledge of GMP’s and previous work experience in a medical manufacturing environment is preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of kanban systems and other Lean principles.
• Experience in the creation of procedures supporting the various assigned functions.
• Experience with various computer programs: MRP systems, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Gantt charts, etc. A working knowledge of SAP is preferred.
• Advance SAP/ERP, troubleshoot IT issues that surface with little to no assistance from business applications.
• Ability to respond to detailed inquires, and present information to groups and senior management.
• Experience in solving complex logistical issues both individually and in a team structure.
• Experience in analyzing complex task components to enable excellent decision making skills.
• Experience participating in the execution of physical inventories.
• Ability to solve problems in a fast-paced work environment with minimal supervision.
• Flexible: adaptable and able to work in a dynamic environment.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer