Intuitive Surgical Careers
Technical Support Engineer - Belgium
Primary Location: Belgium---
Primary Function of Position:
Provide expert front line support to all internal and external customers in an effort to strengthen customer satisfaction contributing to a positive surgical outcome. All customer complaints are either resolved over the phone or properly dispatched to Field Service for resolution, all complaint information must be accurately recorded. The TSE1 is the primary escalation point for all system related issues and responsible for further escalation if required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical phone support to customers and field personnel including Sales, Service, Marketing, etc.
- Acquire knowledge on policies, processes and procedures; as well as detailed knowledge of products.
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex Robotic problems using remote diagnostics or over the telephone. Some on-site or in-house service support may be required.
- Records requests for service and actions taken using both computerized and manual documentation systems in order to provide historical service records, identify trends, make recommendations and forward product complaints.
- Create articles in Knowledge Management System.
- Drive resolution of all system performance issues until acceptable solution is identified and implemented or it is determined to escalate call.
- Drive key matrices to support corporate/departmental goals.
- Facilitate technical requests from field engineers and distributors.
- Responsible for entering, processing and tracking of all cases loaded onto CRM.
- Ensure compliance by following processes in accordance with ISI regulatory instructions.
- Be able to have a flexible work schedule, including on-call duties.
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned by management.
- Travel for field support or training (limited).
- Position is home-based and requires dedicated work space.
- Degree in electronics or mechanical engineering and/or 2 years related job experience.
- Minimum of 2 years field service experience specific to ISI products or complex medical systems; and a recorded history of outstanding performance in this area.
- Applicants must be prepared to travel extensively for a training period of 9 to 12 months.
- Experience working in call center support is preferred, especially in the medical device industry.
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills required.
- Familiarity of Operating Room. protocols, anatomic terminology and knowledge of Endoscopic vision equipment a plus.
- Candidate must have excellent oral, written communication skills, as well as people skills.
- Working knowledge of computers and standard software applications, preferably with SAP and Microsoft office.
- Fluent in English, Dutch and French.