Intuitive Surgical Careers
Software Engineer – Surgical Robot Manufacturing
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.Company:
Intuitive Surgical is the world leader in minimally invasive surgical robots. Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
You’ll play a key role on the New Product Introduction (NPI) Test Engineering team to enable the manufacture a new generation of surgical robots. You will develop the manufacturing test and diagnostic software that assures the performance and safety of robot subsystems. The position will require close collaboration with product development teams, systems analysts, electrical test fixture engineers, manufacturing engineers, and quality engineers to build a test strategy and develop software.
You may qualify for a Senior Software Engineer level with sufficient experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Understand product operation and control, and develop the means to ensure quality in volume production• Design, document, and qualify software for use in manufacturing new robot subsystems• Follow good software development practices• Work independently to overcome roadblocks with minimum guidance• Take ownership of manufacturing software, associated hardware and work with cross-functional teams to drive projects to completion
Mandatory Skills / Job Requirements:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s in Engineering or Computer Science• 3+ years of experience in hardware-oriented software development• Experience with design and development of Windows PC or Web user interfaces• Expert in Python, OOP• Demonstrated technical leadership• Entrepreneurial spirit• Drives projects to completion• Strong problem solving skills• Excellent verbal and written communications skills• Intellectually curious and passionate• High emotional intelligence and solid people skills
• Full stack frontend & backend web application development
• Web technologies such as RESTful APIs, JSON, sockets• Familiarity with Matlab, SQL database• Automated product or software testing• Experience in medical device manufacturing or regulated engineering environment• Experience developing robotic or electro-mechanical systems, including control systems
• Experience working in a product manufacturing environment