Intuitive Surgical Careers
Supervisor Production 2
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Primary Function of Position:
Achieve given team performance goals for Production. Drive continuous improvement initiatives. Management of direct reports to ensure adherence to prescribed guidelines and career development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ability to lead and conduct root cause analysis.
- Can implement lean projects to completion. Acts on assigned tasks to make change with minimal supervision. Scope of initiatives are within MFG cell or cost center.
- Utilize lean tools such as PDCA (A3), Value Stream Map, kaizen to initiate and implement improvements.
- Participate in UAT/blue printing requirements for development of new or updates to business systems. Review/approve/create ECOs to determine impact on manufacturing. Fluent proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and MRP systems.
- Works within Quality System with minimal oversight on individual projects. Understands CFR / ISO requirements when making a change. (e.g. Works with oversight to develop innovative solutions that are compliant to the QS.) Participate in CAPA/CPIP, ARF activities.
- Leads projects and plans novel strategies with impact to Manufacturing. Considers options and mitigations in planning. Coordination of tasks, delegation and prioritization with some guidance.
- Data mine, trend and analyze appropriate manufacturing metrics and escalate or drive issue resolution. Perform capacity analysis and create ATPs.
- Ability to create and communicate goals effectively and to motivate the team with confidence. Capable of scaling big picture goals into appropriate objectives at the technician level. Ability to identify strengths and opportunities within the team and to leverage those for better team performance. Recognizes and awards outstanding performance.
- Identifies conflict and understands appropriate handling and escalation. Recognizes early warnings and is able to mitigate conflict.
- Can identify developing leaders and help build career paths based on individual strengths. Promotes and empowers individual growth (IDP). Can mentor individuals to set effective goals.
- Promotes individual responsibility and fast decision making. Understands the why behind projects and tasks, decisions made in alignment with business needs and priorities.
- Uses past experiences towards making significant contributions successfully. e.g.: Leads and communicates lessons learned, implements corrective actions or mitigates repeat issues.
- Ability to lead cross functional projects, set goals, influence and drive the meetings .Demonstrate ability in leading continuous improvement initiatives on manufacturing lines. Take initiative and lead capacity planning requirements and update management.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field, or 5 years of either supervisory or engineering experience. Experience in the medical device industry is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, DFT, and 6-Sigma. Demonstrated experience in leading various Lean Manufacturing initiatives or projects.
- Experience in leading new product transfers into Manufacturing.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers to perform daily work. Familiar with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and MRP systems. SAP and Agile experience preferred.
- Superb communication skills, including written and verbal instruction.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong desire for a fast-paced and multi-focused work environment.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.