Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Manager, Commercial Operations - India / US / Europe
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Intuitive Surgical and its subsidiaries (“Intuitive”), the manufacturer of the daVinci Surgical Robot, are in the process of increasing their presence in India with the goal of building a fully functioning in-country team to support and expand their commercial operations. The Sr. Manager of Commercial Operations for India reports to the Vice President of Global Distribution and will be responsible for supporting building an Indian Intuitive Surgical organization while in parallel establishing, developing and supporting the assigned distributor network. This involves identifying and utilizing ISI resources that can help support the Director of Commercial Distribution for India developing an in-country Intuitive team and implementing the appropriate business processes. The position requires a number of attributes including expert-level knowledge of ISI clinical and capital sales processes, the use of da Vinci, the ability to build a team of advocates within an organization and strong solution selling skills. She/ He is expected to provide an extraordinary degree of communication, collaboration and actionable information gathering while presenting to Executive Leadership, Distributor Principles and all points associated with the customers interactions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
• Provide support and training to local Distributor in developing and implementing all aspects of clinical business, procedures and capital sales process.
• Educate and implement all sales and marketing tools.
• Effectively outline metrics involved in the initial sales and installation of da Vinci programs to drive procedural volume and growth.
• Work closely with all relevant ISI departments located in Sunnyvale and Aubonne including Strategy, Marketing and Corporate Communications to implement new programs as supported by local leadership.
• Ensure disciplined reporting on the evolution of the local business
• Work closely with ISI and Distributor Sales Training department to develop and support sales training strategy and activities including (D)CAST
• In collaboration with ISI and Distributor Customer Training departments, organize and coordinate (that is, support distributor’s) surgeon training activities utilizing the Technical Training Pathway (TTP) for new and existing surgeons.
• Identify and assist with developing regional strategy to support the adoption of da Vinci surgery.
• Participate in “field visits” to understand market dynamics, and support to provide coaching and bring value to customers to support the adoption of da Vinci surgery.
• Develop strategy and implementation of National and Regional Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s), reference and epicenters.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
• 6+ years’ experience managing Clinical Sales in the medical device with knowledge of the operating room environment
• 4 + years of ISI clinical management experience
• Proven track record of achieving clinical goals and implementing successful da Vinci programs
• Strong leadership skills with deep business acumen
• Outstanding and natural business ethics
• Ability to travel up to 75% both within India, and internationally
• This position is based in the U.S. or EU direct markets
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.