Intuitive Surgical Careers
RMA Repair Technician
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-Southaven-
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical
efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
A Mechanical RMA Repair Technician I works under general direction, follows oral and/or written instructions, and
performs repair and testing processes to produce tested electro-mechanical assemblies or associated sub-assemblies.
Essential duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs simple and complex repairs on mechanical RMA assemblies.
- Provides assistance with failure analysis of RMAs and properly documents findings.
- Performs some-what complex tasks in preparation for repair and testing. Is able to verify assembly documentation accuracy, read engineering drawings etc. Sets up and operates machines/equipment /fixtures needed to perform repair and testing processes.
- Follows all applicable work instructions to perform repair and testing processes.
- Provide detailed symptom descriptions for failures uncovered during functional test and calibration to assist in component-level troubleshooting.
- Communicates status of repairs with supervisor and other departments as necessary.
- Conducts complex quality inspection of own or other’s work to insure workmanship standards are met.
- Properly completes manufacturing documentation and helps maintain its accuracy. Initiates material requests (MTs), reports quality issues (VRs, Process Log), records transactions in SAP as needed to preserve traceability.
- Follows all corporate, safety and production procedures and regulations and maintains a clean and orderly workstation.
- Assures that his/her group adheres to the company standards and regulations.
- Maintains an excellent attendance record.
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma and AA or equivalent; Minimum of AA or college degree preferred; one to three years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Training must be completed at a minimum per the following criteria:'
- 1 of the following 3 assemblies: MTM, Gimbal or PSM
- Language Skills: Ability to read, write and understand English. Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, supervisors, or engineers
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute averages, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs and line graphs. Ability to determine the minimum, maximum and nominal value when provided with a specification and a tolerance.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to deal with situations including up to several variables. Ability to report actual or potential quality issues. Ability to suggest and implement process improvements.
- Computer skills: Proficient in use of personal computers as part of daily work, including knowledge of the Microsof
- Office suite and Datasweep. Ability to use E-mail and the ACCS (Agile) system to retrieve and submit on-line documentation.
- Other skills and abilities: Ability to work varying shifts. Must past dexterity test within the allotted time. Must have ability to complete training courses. Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to use clocks, timers, calipers, voltmeters, power supplies, rulers, and other test equipment as required.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.