Intuitive Surgical Careers
Director, Global Market Access
Primary Location: United States---
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
The purpose of the Director, Global Market Access – (In-Direct Markets) is to develop and execute applied health economic “value creation & demonstration” strategies in support of key healthcare stakeholders across Global Markets as it relates to physicians, hospitals, healthcare systems, professional societies, payers, HTAs and policymakers.
The role will be a key constituent in the Global Market Access Team and will be dedicated to Global In-Direct Markets and ISI Global Distribution Management Team. This role will be a key player in partnering with Distributor Organizations Globally on development and execution of market and patient access strategies. These strategies will focus on but not be limited to: garnering key insights, creating value through applied clinical/economic value analyses, value dissemination and securing lasting agreements/relationships with various key stakeholders. These strategies will be achieved via execution of key initiatives focused on: market research, development of evidence, creating and disseminating clinical/economic materials, economic modeling, literature reviews, performing customer QTI/Custom Analytics, market archetype segmentation analyses/strategies, persona identification, go-to-market assessments and providing strategic regional insights to influence and educate key stakeholders.
This position will operate in a fully integrated matrix environment as a full business partner to various assigned Global Distributor Organizations and their sales/marketing organization; along with various ISI global/region/country cross-functional leaders across the Commercial, Clinical and Governmental Affairs Groups.
- Support Global Distributor Organizations through patient, hospital and physician provider healthcare economic insights.
- Work collaboratively via partnering with Distributor commercial sales and marketing teams, ISI global HEOR, clinical affairs and governmental affairs organizations to strengthen the consultative perspective on the impact of health economic market changes and development of economic solutions that ISI products bring to various key stakeholders as well as formalized HTA groups across Global In-Direct Markets.
- Create in collaboration with the ISI Global HEOR Team evidence on ISI products and then partner with distributors to train and educate in an effort to disseminate clinical/economic evidence and insights via quantifying the impact on the “total economic and clinical value” of ISI technology to existing and future economic decision makers.
- Partner with Global Distributor Organizations to perform evidence (clinical & economic) based “Quantify the Impact” (QTI), Business Alignment Meetings, and field based customer analytical analyses.
- Work collaboratively with ISI Global Market Access & HEOR team, on the evidence development, education and direct customer dissemination on the impact of ISI technology to external decision makers during technology assessment, procurement, tendering and subsequent contracting processes.
- Utilization of tools such as, but not limited to: cost consequence, utilization analyses, cost effectiveness valuing, time value and motion, business performa models, throughput, opportunity cost, budget impact modeling, global value dossiers, stakeholder technology assessment response tools and customer analytical platform.
- Work specifically with national and regional Regional/Country hospital claims data and other specific “big-data” databases analyses; working in concert with Global HEOR.
- Engineer Regional/Country specific health economic market assessments to appropriately identify hospital stakeholder and barriers, trends, customer unmet need, strategic insight, strategic imperatives, stakeholder prioritization, market segmentation, targeting, messaging and positioning; all of which will be utilized to develop country level patient access strategies and feed into the global market access strategy for existing and future ISI technologies.
- Foster and grow key c-suite relationships, administrative and economic decision-maker KOLs and potential partnerships via providing strategic economic and analytical insights with external decision makers during health technology assessments (HTAs), procurement, tendering, quota and subsequent contracting processes.
- Provide regular voice-of-customer (VOC) feedback on clinical and economic challenges being faced by l hospital stakeholders and generate ideas on how our products can serve as a solution to these issues.
- Identify areas of synergy, collaborate with and share best practices with the Regional/Country Government/Public Affairs team.
- Assist in prioritizing and sequencing appropriate targets to minimize and maximize utility; in return enabling greater speed and effectiveness of commercialization activities with our distributor partners.
- Support, as needed, the Regional/Country reimbursement strategies and HTA reviews.
- Broad based experiences and working knowledge of various Regional/Country healthcare systems and hospital providers, surgeons, health technology assessment (HTA) agencies, reimbursement systems and trends impacting technology and adoption.
- Extensive experience and comfort in presenting and defending evidence with key clinical and economic decision makers in meetings.
- Extensive experience in health economics, market and patient access, and interaction with hospital stakeholders and decision makers. Experiences in clinical, evidence based, reference and analytical selling tactics and field marketing are highly desired.
- Provide perspective and operate analytical models, global and country specific value dossiers and libraries to perform real-time analyses and illustrate opportunities and impact.
- Assist in developing commercially accepted economic material “leave” behind.
- Perform and oversee country broad-based economic assessment and highlight meaningful regional influences and trends with little direction.
- Manage Regional/Country health economic “thought leaders” (i.e., KOL) and key subject matter expert (SME) relationships through interactions with hospitals, surgeons and agencies to increase economic evidence.
- Solid understanding of disease and clinical pathways, inpatient and surgical treatment approaches, hospital inpatient settings, product IFU and supportive health information levels of evidence.
- Strong reporting, project management, analytical and prioritization skills.
- Results oriented and natural business acumen.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, work independently and can create structure within ambiguity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to perform in a fast-paced, results-oriented, diverse cross-functional matrix organization that focuses on a high degree of teaming, both with partner distributors and ISI global departments, but balanced with self-directing independent effort.
- Advanced computer skills, including: Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Tableau.
- Preferred location near Sunnyvale California, however, individual could be located in Aubonne Switzerland.
- Must be able to travel 50% of time.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years’ experience or an advanced degree (Masters or Doctorate) with 6-8+ years’ experience in: market or patient access, health economics, marketing, sales, medical affairs or market development. Healthcare medical device, pharma or hospital/health system/IDN industry experience in Regional/Country is required.
- Proven track record of being recognized as a top performer within teams.
- Experience working across diverse marketplaces and in an evolving healthcare environment.
- Experience in health economics, clinical selling, sales/marketing, health policy, reimbursement, payer strategies or health care consulting are highly desired.