Intuitive Surgical Careers
Mobile App Development Team Lead
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 180258
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of Position:
The Mobile App Development Team Lead is responsible for hands on developing mobile application platform, focused on hybrid, modern native iOS and Android development for handsets and tablets. This position will report to Director of Application Development and collaborate with the PMO, QA, operational teams and other development managers. The successful candidate will be deeply hands-on technical, working as a very senior individual contributor to the team’s efforts and providing front-line engineering support. Someone who the team can look up to as a technical expert, as well as rely upon as a mentor and cross-functional representative, is the ideal fit for this role.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Own the delivery of our mobile applications / platform
• Participate in hands on coding and code reviews to ensure quality and keep your skills fresh
• Understand the company’s strategic objectives and alignment with engineering initiatives and programs
• Help to effectively communicate to team members changes to company objectives that may impact initiative delivery timelines, goals and prioritization
• Employ agile based development methodologies in partnership with Project Management stakeholders.
• Participate in mobile technology and product road map by presenting and driving concepts for the future of the company
• Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends in the area of application architecture and programming languages
• Provide support for operations and support teams, including root cause analysis and preventative analysis
• Requires a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a related area and at least 7 years of experience with applications development and at least 3 years in mobile applications on one or more major platforms (iOS, Android, etc.).
• 3+ years in a leadership role including experience leading a mobile platform team
• 3-5 years minimum hands on experience building enterprise level mobile applications
• Hands on knowledge of React framework, Apache Cordova, object-oriented design and proven implementation skills
• Strong knowledge and experience with device data using SQL or NoSQL
• Must have experience releasing apps to Apple App Store and Google Play Store
• Experience working with RESTful APIs and securely consuming them using Auth0, OKTA or other mechanisms
• Experience with version control systems such as Git
• Hands on experience building continuous integration / continuous delivery pipelines using Jenkins
• Experience in managing application security and mobile device management
• Experience with platform and languages like .Net, Java, Python
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.