Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Manager, Vision NPI Software Engineering
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Functions of Position:
• Manage a team of software engineers responsible for design and creation of test and calibration systems for manufacturing of Intuitive Surgical’s vision systems including endoscopes, light engines and related products.
• Work closely with new product development and image pipeline teams in support of new product development activities.
• Work with other vision NPI teams, as well as outside partners in developing vision systems, optimizing manufacturability, capacity, and cost of endoscopes and vision systems for ISI’s robotic surgical systems.
• Play a key role in transfer of test and calibration systems for ISI’s vision products to manufacturing vendors and partners.
• Support test and calibration activities across manufacturing operations at ISI and vendors for manufacturing of ISI’s vision products.
• Establish and mange project plans for development of test and calibration system making priority decisions in support of multiple simultaneous programs in different stages of development cycle.
• Play a key role in defining strategic direction and architecture for test and calibration systems for ISI’s vision products, ensuring accurate, reliable and economical infrastructure.
• Manage hiring and development of NPI software team’s engineering staff, ensuring professional growth, and retention of engineering talent in the organization.
• Oversee and ensure proper implementation of ISI’s document control protocols and requirements for all developments in the team.
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage and lead a team of software engineers responsible for development and documentation of software systems for test and calibration equipment in support of Intuitive Surgical’s vision products.
• Establish direction and architecture of test and calibration systems for the vision products including endoscopes.
• Manage and allocate team resources over multiple projects. Plan resources for existing and future projects and establish hiring plans to support products in the vision group roadmap.
• Manage priorities of the team in supporting existing manufacturing operations and in support of new product development.
• Create and manage schedules for projects in the team, coordinate with other groups involved in designing and building of test and calibration systems.
• Actively participate in new product development teams that create and refine ISI’s vision products, components, assemblies contributing to their manufacturability, improved efficacy, performance and cost.
• Support compliance with medical device quality system including corrective action closure, discrepant material dispositions and ECO implementation.
• At least ten (10) years of experience in creating software systems for test and calibration of electro-mechanical systems.
• Minimum of five (5) years of management experience with managing software or related technical teams.
• Advanced degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline.
• Technical knowledge and experience with embedded software systems for opto-electromechanical assemblies.
• Demonstrated experience in all phases of the product and software development lifecycle including design, implementation, debug, verification, validation, and transfer to Manufacturing
• Proven experience in working with software version control systems (SVN, GIT, etc.)
• Proven experience with defect tracking systems (Jira, etc.) and Agile software development methodologies.
• Excellent skills in developing software in Python, C/C++
• Proven track record of working with diverse, interdisciplinary teams.
• Proven track record of achieving challenging goals.
• Strong communication skills to interface with manufacturing, product development and outside vendor organizations.