Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Intuitive Surgical: What MattersJoining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Achieve team performance goals for Instruments, Catheters, Accessories, Vision and/or Systems Production Lines. The goals will include various metrics including, but not limited to Safety, Quality, Delivery, Efficiency, Yield, Defects/Unit, Workmanship, Scrap, and Direct Labor Costs. This position will be responsible for personnel management and development such that the Operations are run by a Manage by Go-See and Hands-On philosophy.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Establish quarterly departmental goals and develop methods and/or programs to achieve them.Qualifications
• Drive improvements in safety, production, quality, cost, and delivery.
• Allocate resources appropriately to achieve departmental objectives.
• Work effectively and align with other departments to ensure that the production area has all necessary inputs in place in order to achieve the desired production outputs.
• Report to senior management on the status of the production process.
• Perform capacity analysis in order to support production growth and productivity goal setting.
• Develop leadership personnel within the department in order to enable future departmental and company growth.
• Establish and enforce Lean Manufacturing practices within the department.
• Write and conduct formal annual performance reviews for staff.
• Maintain compliance within the department to all applicable regulatory requirements.
• Maintain compliance within the department to company safety and quality policies.
• Develop and manage departmental budget.
• Collaborate and align cross functionally with Mfg Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain and other support teams to achieve goals.
• Lead Mfg team for Mfg activities on New Product Development programs including participation in DFx, Line set up and Process optimization.
• Analyze metrics either generated by you or your team or from Data Analytics teams to set goals and drive actions within Mfg and support teams.
• Could include travel to help setup production lines overseas.
• Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Production Operations Management or related fields and 10 years of applicable work experience, including at least 3 years of previous supervisory or management experience. Experience in the medical device industry is preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of lean manufacturing, DFT, and quality techniques.
• Proficient in the use of personal computers to perform daily work. Familiar with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and MRP systems. SAP and Agile experience preferred.
• Superb communication skills, including written and verbal instruction.
• The ideal candidate will have a love for a fast-paced and multi-focused work environment.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.