Intuitive Surgical Careers
Field Service Engineer - St. Louis
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-St. Louis-St. Louis
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive Surgical is widely considered the most exciting medical device company in the world today. Surgeons worldwide are changing the way surgery is performed by utilizing our robotic surgical device, the da Vinci® Surgical System, to enhance their surgical precision and greatly improve patient benefits. We have attracted some of the best and brightest on our team and now we are seeking a da Vinci® Field Service Engineer to manage Customer Technical Relations after the point of Sale on All Intuitive Surgical Products, in an assigned territory. This position will require you to work independently, manage and prioritize technical escalations, and establish and maintain expectations with both the direct customer and other Intuitive surgical employees.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Become a da Vinci® Surgical technical expert across all system platforms.
- Analyze customer’s requirements to ensure effective system installation by providing Pre site Planning and Installation Coordination with the customer.
- Ability to autonomously manage and schedule both planned and unplanned appointments with Customers to ensure maximum system reliability, functionality and that Uptime Guarantees are achieved. Assess and determine follow up visits to ensure maximum system reliability.
- Use discretion and independent judgment when assessing the functionality and Repairing Intuitive Surgical products.
- Ability to identify, make recommendations, and or provide feedback to Product Support and Product Engineering on Product or process enhancements that addresses customer concerns.
- Use discretion and independent judgment when assessing customer training needs with respect to technical training in an Operating Room environment, and provide both technical training and or technical support as required.
- Independently manage all administrative duties of role which include but are not limited to; Spare Parts Inventory, Returned Material Authorizations, Calibrated Equipment, Training Documentation, Preventative Maintenance Scheduling, Service Contracts Billings, Fleet Vehicle Maintenance, System Configurations, and data in Call Escalation database.
- Support Sales Training and Marketing events by analyzing potential issues and develop independent strategies to resolve.
- College degree in applied science or engineering preferred; or equivalent training/experience which may include extensive course work or study in the field of engineering or applied science
- 1-3 years of field service experience preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong administrative and record keeping skills
- Strong knowledge of Operating Room protocol
- Track record of solid customer relationships with Surgeons and Hospital staff
- Well versed at presenting the value proposition of Intuitive Surgical’s service offerings
- Proven ability to independently troubleshoot complex electro-mechanical systems
- An ability to travel up to 25%, dependent upon account distribution
- Able to lift 100 lbs
- May be required to work a non-standard shift
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.