Intuitive Surgical Careers
Technical Support Engineer I - Kansas City
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-Kansas City-Kansas City
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of Position:
Front line phone support for Customers, Field Engineers, and Sales Professionals. Professionally answer incoming calls, understand the customer’s needs and their environment to resolve Tier One customer issues. Accurate processing in CRM of Service requests. Understand processes and make recommendations to improve overall team efficiency and provide a superior level of customer support and satisfaction.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical phone support to customers and field personnel including Sales, Service, Marketing, etc.
- Quickly become knowledgeable on policies, processes and procedures; as well as knowledge of products and pricing.
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex Robotic problems using remote diagnostics or over the telephone. Some on-site or in-house service support may be required.
- Records requests for service and actions taken using both computerized and manual documentation systems in order to provide historical service records, identify trends, make recommendations and forward product complaints.
- Create articles in Knowledge Management System per assigned goal.
- Drive resolution of all system performance issues until acceptable solution is identified and implemented or it is determined to escalate call.
- Drive key matrices to support corporate/departmental goals.
- Facilitate technical requests from field engineers.
- Responsible for entering, processing and tracking of all cases loaded onto CRM.
- Ensure processes are in place in accordance with FDA compliance.
- Be able to have a flexible work schedule, including on-call duties.
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned by management.
- AA degree in electronics or mechanical engineering and/or 2 years related job experience.
- Must be a Field Engineer II for at least 6 months. 1 ½ years’ experience working in call center support, preferably in the medical device industry.
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills required.
- Familiarity of Operating Room protocols, anatomic terminology and knowledge of Endoscopic vision equipment a plus.
- Candidate must have excellent oral, written communication skills, as well as people skills.
- Working knowledge of computers and standard software applications, preferably with SAP and Microsoft office.
- Minimal travel required.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.