Intuitive Surgical Careers
Financial Analyst 2 Corporate Operations
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
The Financial Analyst in our Corporate Operations plays a critical role in achieving our overall objective of delivering best-in-class business partner support and analysis. The Company’s operations have been growing significantly over the past several years, and so has the demand for additional support from our HR, Legal, IT, Finance, Facilities, and other related corporate functions. The FP&A team provide the Corporate Operations functions with critical information and analysis to enable our business partners to allocate company resources in the most effective manner possible. The members of the Corporate Operations team are closely integrated in our business partners’ operations as a way to ensure they can provide the most valuable insights possible. This is therefore a highly visible role that frequently interacts with executive management as part of setting budgets, forecasting, and reporting on actuals and the many interesting facility related projects we are working on.
This role offers a great opportunity to work closely with a wide range of the Company’s Finance, HR, IT, Legal, and Facilities departments, as well as outside vendors and project managers. This role will allow you to work with a small, agile, and high performing finance department to develop a broad and deep understanding of the Company’s business and operations that are essential for strong career development.
At Intuitive Surgical, you will share in a commitment to excellence by partnering with world-class Managers and Executive Leadership. Finance is about “fueling innovation.” We do this by hiring quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, teamwork, excellence, and proactive thinking.
We are looking for leaders that can take on additional responsibility as they progress in their career and we are committed to providing an environment that foster career growth and development. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of our interesting journey in the world of robotic-assisted surgery, this is the role for you.
Primary Function of Position:
The Financial Analyst II, Corporate Operations is responsible for providing analytical support and financial oversight to our Corporate Operations teams and executive management as they make important strategic and tactical decisions about our ongoing operations and future projects. Such responsibilities will include operating and capital expense forecasting processes, perform budget versus actual analysis, support close and management reporting activities, ensure we strong project management processes within our business operations to collect the data needed for decision making, and perform ad hoc analysis relating to projects as they arise.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide business partner support to Corporate Operations and executive management.
- Develop and coordinate detailed departmental budgets and monthly forecasts using Hyperion Planning, Essbase, Excel, and Tableau.
- Review and track large capital projects with internal and external partners and vendors.
- Monitor trends and key metrics, including spending, headcount, capital expenditures/investment, leases, and vendor investment against plan/forecast assumptions.
- Ensure monthly financial results are stated accurately and in accordance with GAAP. This includes preparation and posting of journal entries for expense & CAPEX accruals.
- Ensure adequate internal controls are in place and Company accounting policies are adhered to.
- Review and approve capital and expense requisitions; highlighting items which are outside of budget parameters.
- Prepare monthly budgets versus actuals cost analysis for presentation to executive management.
- Develop and report key business metrics & provide trend analysis.
- Generate ideas for process improvements and implement changes in processes as necessary.
- Collaborate with IT and Corporate FP&A to develop tools and reports that drive efficiency and deliver results.
- Month-end accounting close, including accrual JV’s and balance sheet reconciliations.
- 3-4 years of relevant finance or accounting experience involving budgeting, forecasting, analysis, and project management.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills, with the ability to resolve conflict, drive consensus, and reach conclusions.
- Ability to succinctly and accurately present findings to management and executive leadership.
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment.
- High level of integrity and commitment to excellence.
- Strong analytical skills and high capacity for growth and the ability to change along with the Company.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, as well as experience building financial models involving complex formulas and large data sets is a plus.
- Experience with systems such as SAP (ERP), Hyperion and Tableau is preferred
- Basic understanding of accounting for property, plant, and equipment under U.S. GAAP is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field.
- MBA and/or CPA are a plus.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.