Intuitive Surgical Careers
Final Quality Inspection Technician
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Final Quality Inspection (FQI) technician works under general direction, follows oral and/or written instruction and performs testing processes to produce tested electro-mechanical assemblies and sub-assemblies. This position requires a highly-motivated team player to support quality screening for surgical robotic systems, instruments and accessories by simulating customer use, identify potential quality issues and working cross functionally with manufacturing and quality engineering teams to correct and verify issues prior to product release.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist NPI Engineering during new systems platform introduction
- Assist QCE’s in SAP data mining and reports preparation
- Screen candidates for FQI positions
- Manage projects and special assignments from the Management team
- Conduct training for Systems and Vision FQI and maintain training records
- Prepare quality reports and present data during engineering walkthrough
- Initiate, lead and implement efficiency and process improvement projects
- Coordinate with cross functional teams product flow prioritization
- Execute IQ/OQ protocols for capitalized and loaner systems
- Execute PPQ and V&V protocols
- Assist QCE’s and ME’s in product quality investigation and root cause analysis
- Redline QAP and other applicable work instructions
- Follows all corporate, safety, production procedures and regulation
- Maintains an excellent attendance record in compliance with established manufacturing and quality attendance guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
General Job Requirements:
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent; minimum two years of experience at Intuitive Surgical.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, write and understand English. Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, supervisors, or engineers.
- Computer skills: Proficient in use of personal computers as part of daily work, including knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Other skills and abilities: Ability to work varying shifts. Must have ability to complete training courses. Ability to work in a team environment. Meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficient in systems advanced troubleshooting , diagnostic skills and error log utilization including iliad:5005, GDLA, Maintenance Apps and Compiled Matlab
- Working knowledge of Deviation process and requirements