Intuitive Surgical Careers
Incoming Quality Control Supervisor
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Supervises and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in Incoming Quality Control Supervisor (IQC). The supervisor will ensure that IQC personnel complete required job activities in accordance with ISI procedures and processes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supervise IQC personnel.
- Complete employee performance reviews – yearly.
- Process & approve hourly employee time cards and manage attendance.
- Prepare work and overtime schedules to meet business requirements.
- Assure all operations are performed in accordance to documented procedures.
- Perform periodic audits to verify correct and consistent operations.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and implement corrective & preventive actions.
- Interfacing on a daily basis with various departments to provide IQC status/issues and drive to closure as required.
- Maintain and publish appropriate process metrics
- Implement and Maintain Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- BSME degree and 3 years of supervisor experience or equivalent.
- Outstanding supervision and communication skills.
- Have an understanding of metrology and ability to use standard mechanical inspection tools including calipers, micrometers, height gauges, pin gauges, bore gauges, optical comparators, and vision inspection systems.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Visio).
- Must be familiar with ANSI Sampling Inspection Plans and Geometric Dimension & Tolerancing
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and experience with medical device components is a plus.
- Understanding of quality tools including Statistical Process Controls (SPC), Gauge Range & Repeatability (R&R), Capability Analysis, Corrective & Preventive Actions, and Product Quality Planning (FMEA, Control Plans, First Article Inspection).