Intuitive Surgical Careers
Production Control Supervisor
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Raleigh-Raleigh
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Supervises the team performing production control and inventory management of materials during the product life cycle, as well as site purchasing and logistics. Collects data, performs analysis, and ensures efficient flow of Remanufacturing processes, maintaining alignment with Planning and Operations to meet internal and external customer requirements. Provides input to planning to maximize operational capacity. Encourages practical opportunities for further improvements of processes and/or cost savings.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Assist with the hiring, developing and managing teams operating within area of responsibility
• Defining and documenting departmental procedures and coordinating training activities
• Audit and ensure daily compliance of team members to all operating procedures and work instructions relative to the functional activities of the group
• Supporting and promoting team members to build individuals with a very high impact on the operational success of the facility
• Coordinates planning, facilitation and execution of remanufacturing
• Leads work order management team overseeing configuration discrepancies and variances to maintain an accurate device history record
• Responsible for ensuring the execution of the cycle count program, reporting performance on inventory accuracy, and driving continuous improvement activities to improve inventory accuracy.
• Manage Engineering Change Orders, establish effectivity, drive implementation and material disposition throughout the facility
• Monitor STO processes and transfers to maintain established delivery requirements
• Develop and maintain Inventory shortage reporting to accurately portray overall inventory health to management
• Perform hands-on standard work activities as needed to meet the team’s daily goals and requirements
• Responsible for development of departmental goals and continuous improvement projects
• Responsible for development of reports and communicating reliable information about status of planned goals, projects and tasks
• Write and deliver Quarterly performance reviews
• Manage shift administrative duties (time-card edits, half yearly performance reviews)
• Oversee site purchasing to maintain regular visibility of inventory health, identify and escalate supply constraints, be the main point of contact for any supply questions
• Leads performance management and improvement efforts for designated suppliers.
• Bachelor's degree and /or equivalent applicable work experience. Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in Manufacturing and/or RMA operations, preferably in large capital equipment or medical device industry
• Experience in production control, planning and inventory management
• Strong computer skills/business systems preferable with SAP
• Self-starter with ability to take leadership in unstructured environment
• Demonstrates ability to learn new software systems quickly
• Working knowledge of ERP systems – SAP a plus. Experience with database applications preferred
• Proficient in the use of personal computers to perform daily work. Familiar with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and MRP systems. QAD and Agile experience preferred
• Superb communication skills, including written and verbal instruction
• The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced and multi-focused work environment
• Ability to be flexible in job duties as new facility ramps up into full production
• Candidate will need to become process expert on all material transactions
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.