Intuitive Surgical Careers
Industrial Engineer 2
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of Position:
The Industrial Engineer 2 role will participate in efforts to improve the efficiency of transactional and physical processes throughout the organization. In this position, the IE 2 will take a leadership role in driving localized change and being a technical SME. Individuals in this role should have a strong track record of continuous improvement and be interested in developing technical depth and their project and change leadership competencies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Cross functionally participate and execute on Industrial Engineering and continuous improvement projects for Manufacturing. These projects encompass process improvements, value analysis, design reviews, product transfer and startup. May lead project of localized scope.
- Be a key driver of identifying and leading improvement opportunities, utilizing analysis and metrics to build a business case and then deliver on execution.
- Support Manufacturing in the review and analysis of manufacturing procedures, make recommendations for manufacturing methods, and coordinate projects that will result in improved manufacturing costs and/or enhanced quality.
- Perform duties and train in the areas of predetermined time standards, line balancing, simulation modeling, cost estimation, manpower planning, productivity, Kanban and continuous improvement.
- Contribute to programs based on long-range activity forecasts including analysis, justification and recommendations for facilities, equipment and/or manpower requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Industrial Engineering or related discipline, and 2 years minimum applicable work experience.
- Proficient data analysis and software skills required (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, R, etc). Advanced analysis skillset (e.g. Tableau, VBA) and Simulation Modeling experience (e.g. Simul8, Arena, etc) a bonus.
- Experience working in medical device manufacturing and knowledge of FDA regulated industry standards (ISO 13485) preferred.
- Track record of owning and driving changes of small to medium scope in a regulated environment and working with Quality Systems essential.
- Experience demonstrated in implementing Lean Manufacturing principles and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to manage many projects concurrently and timely.
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of statistics and six sigma applications.
- Minimal travel required (estimate <5%).
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.