Intuitive Surgical Careers
Sr Software Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of Position:
This position will play a key technical role during the development of a novel new surgical robot system. The engineer will be expected to work with a team that will create the new software infrastructure for a new surgical robotic system.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
- Work on a cross functional team to develop technical specifications and evaluate design trade-offs – specifically in the area of platform/infrastructure software/firmware
- Generate ground-breaking new design solutions based upon these specifications
- Prototype new designs, test, iterate, and ultimately deliver production ready code
- Work with EEs to test and bring up new hardware
- Generate formal design documentation
- Document, prepare and review patent submissions
- Project planning, as requested
- Participation in animal and cadaver labs, as requested
- Travel to clinical sites, clinical study support, and participation in product demonstrations, as requested
- At least 5 years product development experience
- BS in CS, EE, ME, BioE or related fields required, MS or PhD preferred
- Great communication skills
- Experience with C and C++
- Experience with SW development for electro mechanical systems
- Linux development experience
- Experience with real time OSs (QNX)
- Strong intuition for, and interest in, designing systems for testability and scalability
- Experience with robotics and medical devices a plus
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.