Intuitive Surgical Careers
Global Public Affairs Specialist
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of Position:
As a member of the Global Public Affairs team, the GPA Specialist is responsible for supporting all facets of the GPA team’s remit including: media relations and social media, government and public affairs, advocacy, and thought leadership and conference strategy around the globe. The team is focused on ensuring consistency of message, enhancing the company’s corporate reputation, mitigating risk and advancing thought leadership – around the globe.
This position on the Global Public Affairs team includes the following responsibilities:
- Work with Director of Media Relations to triage incoming media requests, update press kit and corporate video content, and shepherd GPA content through approval processes
- Work with the Social Media Sr. Manager to build capacity, manage social media calendar (including working cross functionally within the organization to identify content opportunities for social channels) and develop content
- Assist in the development of thought leadership through our conference strategy and partner internally to enhance and grow the speaker base; vet speaking opportunities – with the help of the agency of record – and track; as well as create briefing documents and work with speakers in advance of their conference participation on presentations, talking points and presentation skills
- After being in the role for an appropriate amount of time, the role may expand to developing presentation content
- Assume responsibility to keep the GPA sections of the corporate website and intranet updated and current
- Assume responsibility for coordinating all of GPA’s external guests who require tours, test drives and/or executive presentations.
- Candidate must have superior writing and editing skills
- Experience in media relations, social media, conference planning, and clinical and policy communications is preferred
- Preferred: previous experience working in a regulated industry
- Preferred: knowledge of key issues related to robotic-assisted surgery products, emerging technologies, competition and general issues facing the medtech industry.
- Preferred: understanding the role of the FDA in the medical device sector.
Competency Requirements: (Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.) To perform the responsibilities of this position, the individual should:
- Have 3-5 years of experience in public affairs, corporate communications, public relations or journalism
- Possess excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Be comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Demonstrate a team-oriented approach and proven track record of results
- Move quickly, take initiative and support multiple team members at the same time
- Be able to meet deadlines while multi-tasking
- Contribute willingly to projects that fall outside of core responsibilities, as needed
- Possess the ability to execute in a fast-paced environment
- Preferred: have experience working in a global corporate environment
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.