Intuitive Surgical Careers
Manager, Production Planning
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 180553
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of Position:
Manages and leads the team performing Production planning for Intuitive’s Robotic Systems & Vision products. Scope includes supporting New Product Introduction (NPI), engineering changes, supply of service assemblies and parts to ISI Service, and commercialized product manufacturing. Working in a fast-paced environment, the Planning manager is responsible for ensuring that Production has the materials and documentation they need to keep the lines running and to meet aggressive production schedules. This role involves data analysis, generating reports, metrics, graphs and management presentations. Driving continuous improvement and efficiencies in production planning, and developing team members accordingly is a major focus area.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Planning production for New Product Introduction (NPI), Sustaining Products, End of Life Products (EOL), and Service parts/assemblies/sub-assemblies.
- Setting up and maintaining material safety stock, safety lead time, etc. Setting up/maintaining item master audit processes (lead times, BOM accuracy, etc.) and using results to drive improvement.
- Leading Production Planning problem-solving activities and driving recovery to production schedule. Collaborating with Purchasing, Manufacturing and Engineering teams to ensure alignment. Communicating status and projected recovery dates.
- Developing and managing departmental goals and continuous improvement projects to improve ability to scale to support sustained business growth.
- Establishing metrics, reports and dashboards to track performance against improvement targets
- Documenting Planning processes and procedures in flowcharts, training presentations and/or department work instructions.
- Managing engineering changes that can require the use of advanced planning methodologies such as Alternate parts/BOMs.
- Providing guidance to engineering and other functions on how to implement changes within the constraints of SAP and standard MRP functionality.
- Hiring, developing and managing team members. Supporting and promoting team members to maximize their individual impact on the operational success of the Systems & Vision (S&V) Business unit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Supply Chain discipline
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in Operations Supply Chain management with at least 2 years in a leadership role, preferably in large capital equipment medical device industry
- APICS certification and the ability to teach fundamental concepts strongly preferred
- Experienced in managing/working Production Planning, Project Management and New Product Launch.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to take leadership in unstructured environment
- Demonstrated ability to drive results
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software systems quickly
- Strong working knowledge of ERP systems – SAP a plus.
- Highly proficient in the use of personal computers to perform daily work. Familiar with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and MRP systems.
- Superb communication skills, including written and verbal instruction, and Presentation skills.
- The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced and multi-focused work environment, and enjoy learning and applying new skills.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.