Intuitive Surgical Careers
Senior Program Manager, Contingent Workforce
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive will be embarking on a project to consolidate our Contingent Workforce under one Master Service Provider as we position ourselves for continued growth. With executive approval, we are building a program that will govern the selection, onboarding and off-boarding of all talent at Intuitive that is associated with staff augmentation, independent contractors, and consultants. To set this project up for success, we will be hiring our first Contingent Workforce Program Manager. This person will play an integral part in defining the future state of one of our key talent acquisition programs.
The CWF Program Manager will be located in our corporate headquarters in Sunnyvale, California and will be responsible for the selection, implementation and management of Intuitive’s multimillion dollar CWF management program and the end-to end administration of daily activities, including managing the relationships with both internal and external customers of Intuitive’s Managed Service Provider (MSP) and Vendor Management System (VMS).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establish and develop relationships with all key stakeholders: MSP, VMS, suppliers, internal customers; engaging with procurement, internal recruitment team, procurement, and other business stakeholders to drive adoption of the CWF program
- Understand the work environment, current CWF customer experience and future needs for the program
- Assist in the development and execution of our CWF RFP and participate as a stakeholder in the vendor selection process.
- Partner with selected vendor and key internal stakeholders to facilitate the implementation/re-implementation of the VMS tool and MSP
- Work jointly with the MSP to design and implement a process to manage CWF from selection to onboarding to off-boarding that is globally scalable to provide complete transparency and management of the non-employee workforce
- Communicate and drive awareness of the CWF program and provide the proper training and customer service to ensure program adoption
- Define the process for CWF governance so that the end to end non-employee workforce is properly sourced and requisitioned and manage the on-going governance of the program
- Manage the relationship and day to day activities of the MSP and VMS
- Responsible for all escalations in the program and is the single point of contact for the program, the CWF population and the business
- Establish and report on performance metrics for all CWF activities including: program adoption, program usage and compliance, supplier performance, service level targets, payment terms, contractual terms, savings, and spend under the program
- Manage current misclassification and have all of the workforce tied into the MSP under the VMS
- Work with MSP to gather market and supply intelligence on CWF to positively impact the Intuitive program
- Drive the optimization of hiring the correct talent through the CWF program in an efficient, compliant and cost effective manner
- Drive continuous improvement for the CWF program
- Consult, influence, and provide thought leadership and best practices to guide senior leadership in the areas of contingent labor management and governance
- Partner with stakeholders in the forecasting of contingent staff and skill needs, as well as the allocation and deployment of contingent resources in order to meet current and anticipated business needs
- Jointly create a phased global program roll out with the MSP
- Define cost savings strategy and drive initiatives to achieve cost savings goals
- Provide daily support to staffing team via problem resolution, training and communications
- Bachelor's degree with typically 10 or more years of experience in staffing, or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years Contingent Workforce Management experience in managing medium to large-scale corporate MSP/VMS programs; client side experience strongly preferred
- Experience managing supplier relationships
- Previous experience developing partnerships with internal stakeholders to develop solutions for better business outcomes and better business experience
- Proven communication skills around driving organizational change, facilitation, and executive level presentations
- Experience in building and designing global contingent workforce programs and processes from concept through implementation and maintenance preferred
- Familiarity with global legal/compliance requirements for contingent worker populations and experience ensuring compliance with those standards, regulations and laws
- Demonstrated experience delivering superlative internal and external customer experience
- Effective communication, both verbal and written, and collaboration skills; able to work effectively across all levels within the organization
- Strong consultative, program and project management skills
- Ability to maintain composure and productivity in a fast-paced environment; flexible and adaptable; works with a high sense of urgency
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize work effectively in an environment with competing demands
- Works well with ambiguity
- Ability to remain flexible within a highly dynamic changing environment and still deliver on deadlines
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Must demonstrate ability to handle confidential information with discretion and maturity
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.