Intuitive Surgical Careers
Learning Management System Administrator
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
About Intuitive Surgical
Intuitive Surgical leverages advanced technologies to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness with patient safety as our highest priority. We are currently seeking an experienced Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator to join our Instructional Design team based in Sunnyvale, CA. The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate both the technical skills needed to efficiently manage an online learning system as well as the interpersonal communication skills needed to connect effectively with internal partners, vendors, and customers.
Primary Function of Position
The LMS Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the LMS including the publishing of all learning content on the system, contributing to ongoing system improvements, coordinating resolution of system issues, generating reports, and assisting learners with troubleshooting.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Communicate directly with customers to assess and document their LMS-related requests
- Resolve identified LMS issues independently or by escalating to partners / vendors as needed
- Upload, manage, and organize training content created in-house to the LMS
- Assist with development and oversight of content repositories
- Assist in managing localized versions of content to support global delivery in multiple languages
- Assist in ensuring compliance with document control policies and requirements
- Assist content producers in troubleshooting and reprocessing e-learning courses or assessments
- Oversee curricula, catalogs, and assignment profiles master data and online content processes
- Prepare status reports on system usage, compliance, and task completion
- Routinely audit the learner experience to identify improvement opportunities
- Additional duties as assigned
- 2+ years of experience working with a Learning Management System (LMS)
- 2+ years of experience as an LMS administrator
- 2+ years of experience working with Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Process driven, with the ability to recommend and implement changes for process improvement
- Ability to self-manage multiple development projects in meeting deadlines
- MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) expertise
- Technical certifications or coursework related to LMS administration
- 1-2 years of experience in a healthcare, biotech, or medical device organization
- 1-2 years of experience supporting projects for a global audience
- Experience working with strict document control and Quality Management Systems
- Experience working with an LRS in an xAPI ecosystem
- Experience working with a web-based content publishing system
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.