Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
• Manages procurement of direct materials to support business requirements: includes purchase order management, sourcing, contract negotiations, spend analysis, inventory management, and supplier performance management.
• Leverages enterprise tools and systems to drive continuous improvement techniques identify and complete key procurement initiatives, and enhance the performance of the purchasing function.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Reviews, administers, and manages purchase orders and delivery commitments to designated suppliers as necessary to support production and/or sales requirements within the business.
• Reviews, interprets, and communicates material demand forecast and manages capacity planning for assigned commodity groups and/or supplier relationships.
• Supports alignment of production supplier requirements and sourcing strategies with those of product development (NPI) for designated suppliers/commodities to ensure uninterrupted material availability, alignment of risk, and cost goals with vision for the business.
• Owns performance management and improvement efforts for designated suppliers, including leading regular supplier business reviews.
• Utilizes lean sourcing principles (kanban, consignment and other similar material pull methods) to achieve 100% material availability and optimize on-hand inventory.
• Embraces continuous improvement techniques to drive toward attainment of key purchasing metrics (supplier on-time delivery, quality, risk management, inventory velocity, and cost reduction opportunities).
• Leverages problem solving skills and develops counter-measures to implement long-term solutions to identified problems.
• Coordinates engineering change order activity with suppliers and other functional groups.
• May mentor colleagues within the supply chain organization.
• Leverages best practice supplier selection techniques to identify a core supply base able to offer lowest total cost of ownership, high quality product, and on-time delivery performance.
• Supports assigned commodity team by identifying and driving closure of risk mitigation and cost reduction opportunities, understanding commodity trends across the market, mentoring teammates, and supporting commodity projects as assigned.
• Cost and contracting
o Supports construction of annual cost reduction plan to achieve corporate initiative plan for designed suppliers/parts.o Leads creation, negotiation, and management of commercial agreements – covering cost, quality, and delivery terms.
• BS degree or equivalent and 8+ years of purchasing experience in a regulated industry manufacturing environment (medical device preferred).
• Certifications: CPSM, CPIM, and/or PMP is a plus.
• Significant computer experience including MS Office products and ERP systems, preferably SAP and Agile. Strong Excel skills.
• Proven track record of effective project management in a fast-paced manufacturing company.
• Thorough knowledge of and experience working with kanban systems and other lean principles.
• Working knowledge of buying, material planning, master scheduling, and forecasting.
• Demonstrates concern for precision and thoroughness.
• 5 plus years of experience in purchasing in the plastics commodity – Injection Molding, etc.
• Proven ability to consistently achieve stretch goals and objectives.
• Ability to provide positive direction by encouraging peers to have a commitment to high standards of quality and performance.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong negotiation skills and experience with proven track record of savings.
• About 15% travel to both domestic and international suppliers.