Intuitive Surgical Careers
Vice President Tax
Primary Location: United States-California-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 180568
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
At Intuitive Surgical our mission is that “We strive to make surgery more effective, less invasive and easier on surgeons, patients and their families.” Intuitive Surgical has established the preeminent position in surgical robotics with presence in more than 60 countries around the world and has unprecidented growth opportunites that will demand organization strength and expansion outside the United States.
Are you a finance professional who has the experience and vision to help lead and develop a strong Tax and Trade team? In this key role as Vice President you will oversee Tax, and Global Trade functions and be an integral part of ISI’s finance organization and executive team. Critical areas of focus include developing relationships across management functions and within the Finance Leadership team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Lead, develop and mentor staff coaching the team towards high performance, talent retention, efficiency and effectiveness.
• Support the needs of internal stakeholders.
• Direct all aspects of the Company’s state, federal, foreign and other tax matters worldwide including:
o Compliance with tax laws worldwide, including tax filings worldwideo Tax accounting including the global tax provision and related disclosureso Tax strategies in the context of the Company’s business goalso Maintenance of the integrity of the Company’s tax structureo Defense of the Company’s tax positions in audit situationso Staying abreast of global tax rule changes and understand and meet tax compliance requirementso Budgeting and forecasting tax provisioins and paymentso Control the cost of tax compliance and the tax department
o Create, administer and monitor compliance with company policies and procedures associated with global trade complianceo Coordinate with logistics and other stakeholders to ensure compliance
- 15+ years experience directing complex tax organizational structures including offshore structures
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Strong ability to build trustworthy relationships with staff, business partners and employees at all levels
- Strong tax controversy experience
- Strong knowledge of current tax rules and GAAP
- Strong communication skills
- Requires understanding of integrated ERP Information Systems, preferably SAP
- Bachelor’s degree in Tax or equivalent; Masters in tax or J.D. in tax desired