Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
We are seeking an engineer to play a key role in FPGA development, debug, and internal support. The primary focus for this engineer will be supporting fielded product, working with manufacturing and customer-facing teams to root cause and develop fixes for issues related to firmware. The person in this position will work closely with Electrical, Mechanical, and Software Engineers.
The successful candidate must be highly analytical, deeply inquisitive, and able to synthesize a broad array of data in order to focus their investigations. The capacity to learn quickly and work effectively in a large code base with many contributors is required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Analyze field and manufacturing issues related to FPGA-based designs, find and implement solutions• Work collaboratively in a cross-functional team to focus investigation into complex, sometimes elusive issues• Support component end-of-life activities with FPGA changes when necessary• Contribute design improvements and new designs to next-generation system projects• Write detailed documentation of design changes• Understand and follow rigorous formal design control processes for documentation and design verification
• Verilog simulation and synthesis in an FPGA design flow
• FPGA and system design using programmable logic design and logic verification skills
• Experience delivering complex product to market or supporting fielded products
• Strong ability to isolate and debug embedded hardware and software problems
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Minimum 5 years industry experience in FPGA design with a minimum requirement of a BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering
• Conversant in digital communication, servo control, and video processing
• Logic verification in simulation at module and chip levels
• Familiarity with Xilinx ISE and Vivado, UVM and SystemVerilog
• Familiarity with a broad range of electronic components and hardware, including FPGAs, memories, logic, signal conditioning, and communication interfaces
• Familiarity in analyzing PCA schematics
• Familiarity with software programming languages: C and Python preferred
• Experience with standard bench test equipment such as oscilloscopes, function generators, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers, etc.
• Hands-on engineering experience with proven ability to work well in a team environment
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.