Intuitive Surgical Careers
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara County-Sunnyvale
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
A Systems Analyst is responsible for the implementation of control algorithms and safety systems for new surgical robots and surgical instruments. This responsibility includes integration and evaluation of fully functional prototypes including formal product testing. This position provides analytic assistance to other engineering groups to help in the design of mechanisms, software algorithms architecture, and key component selection (processors, sensors, motors, etc.) It is also important in this position to maintain an awareness of developing research and technologies related to robotics and safety critical systems in order to apply this knowledge to the system design. Responsibilities for development continue until the products are shipping to customers with the highest quality and reliability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Systems and software engineering for robotics or electro-mechanical systems
• Troubleshooting and debugging of complex systems
• Integrating mechatronic systems
• Kinematics and dynamic systems modeling
• Implementing standard and modern servo control systems
• Providing failure and hazard analyses and implementing safety algorithms
• Product development life cycle, including idea generation, design, verification, qualification, product transfer and execution/adoption in the market
• Ph.D. in EE, ME, or similar, or Masters with equivalent experience.
• Possess strong embedded C programming capabilities as well as hardware, software, and mechanism integration skills.
• Understand and have experience implementing standard and/or modern servo control systems.
• Be creative and able to generate a diversity of solutions to a problem.
• Be detail oriented and able to develop and push a single solution to completion.
• Excel in a high-energy team.
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Work independently while simultaneously balancing collaboration on project planning and communication.
• Show passion for product quality and continuous improvements.
• Possess a determination to get through challenging problems.